We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disabled Pass Disneyland

British Columbia
Level Contributor
804 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
Disabled Pass Disneyland

I am taking my sister in law to disney. She is disabled. I understand you can get some kind of pass. Could anyone explain how this works? I read they took this pass away but now it works like a fast pass so im confused. Thanks

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
7,749 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Disabled Pass Disneyland

Have you looked on the Disneyland website? Chuck.

https:/…

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
28,657 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Disabled Pass Disneyland

Really the best info is at the Disneyland.com site link posted by Chuck. It has the info you need. And these two threads may be helpful to you.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29092-i65-k685923…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29092-i65-k695764…

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
418 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Disabled Pass Disneyland

Although I do not really consider myself that "disabled" compared to many with severe physical or cognitive limitations, I have been recently diagnosed with severe arthritis in both knees and also have problems with circulation in my legs. Stairs are ok, not great, and walking on smooth surfaces is fine, but standing for any length of time is unbearable.

After our first morning at Disneyland, when I was ready to call it quits for the day, much to the dismay of my daughter, I decided to talk with the people at the Guest Services office. At first they were a bit vague because I couldn't remember what the pass was called, but I explained my limitations (I had even brought photocopies of my xrays and diagnosis with me which they told me they didn't need to see) and they provided me with a Disability Access Service Pass. They took my photo, went over the usage rules, and signed us up for our first ride.

Because we had multiday Park Hopper Passes, they indicated the days of our visits on the front in the date range area. We found that they had kiosks throughout the park in most of the lands. Essentially, the wait time was what it would have been if we had been in the standby line, ranging, during our visit, from 30 - 120 minutes. Once they write down the ride and the time, you show up at the fast pass line at the return time and the cast members cross it out. Once you exit a ride you may go to another kiosk and select another ride. Once we had a ride scheduled for the new Radiator Springs ride and 2 hours later, when we showed up for our return time, the ride had broken down. We went to a kiosk to get another ride and time but had to wait for the new standby time...just like other waiting guests there were no concessions made for the wait time that had already passed (unless you are really close to the ride loading area in which case you might get a special ride pass). Each new ride choice has a return time equal to the current standby time, even if you don't go on the ride. So if you kept changing your mind about which rides to go on, or, if they kept breaking down, it is possible that your day would be spent just waiting for your return times. The reality, however, is that we used the other helpful hints that other posters have provided such as arriving at opening and doing the big rides before the lines get huge, and we also used Fastpasses when possible. We also enjoyed all the shows and parades (no special DAS use for these events, and I had to stand during both the fireworks and World of Colour shows, but I was standing near something that I could lean on which helped).

The cast members at Disneyland and California Adventure are great! They were friendly, respectful, considerate and made me feel like a valued guest.

The DAS pass allows people who have trouble waiting (standing) in lines to essentially pass the wait time elsewhere. They are still on standby, but not in the actual line. We probably rode fewer rides than if we simply waited in the lines as there is the time required to walk to and from the various kiosks and to and from the various rides, but I was able to get around the parks fairly well and able to enjoy all the rides with my daughter.

One significant difference between Fastpasses and the DAS pass is that the return time on the DAS pass is a minimum time so does not expire, so if for some reason you needed a longer rest than the duration of the standby line, you could do so without worry. It also meant that we could crisscross the park without worrying about how slow I was walking. Another great benefit is that the two parks work with the same pass and we were able to book return times for rides in the other park so the time that it took to get from one park to the other was actually part of the wait time which was very helpful considering how slowly I walk at times.

The DAS pass is based on an honour system, much like the old system, and I am hoping that they will not be abused, because I can really see their benefits for guests with various degrees and types of disability. We are very grateful that this pass was available and felt that with the minimum return times being strictly adhered to, that non disabled guests in the regular standby line were not in any way inconvenienced by the use of these passes.

california
Level Contributor
1,271 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Disabled Pass Disneyland

JourneyWizard: much appreciated information for our upcoming trip. I value the detail you've provided.

Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
246 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Disabled Pass Disneyland

For more first-hand accounts of how DAS actually works, see

mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php…

British Columbia
Level Contributor
804 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Disabled Pass Disneyland

Yes thank you. Can u book times at more than one ride at a time? I know u can not with the fast pass but can u with the DAS ? We are going at Xmas and I think this may be very challenging. We will have to rent a wheelchair too.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
28,657 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Disabled Pass Disneyland

My understanding is only one is issued at a time.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
95 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Disabled Pass Disneyland

The last time I was at DLR the Fastpasses also did not have an expiration; you could get on the ride anytime AFTER your allotted time on your ticket.

On another note, does anyone know what time the Guest Services office opens for signing up for a Disability Access pass?

Can I sign up for a DAS the night prior to use? I'd rather not be dealing with it on the same morning we're trying to beat the crowds to Radiator Springs Ride.

Thanks in advance!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
28,657 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Disabled Pass Disneyland

Guest services are usually open when Disneyland does. I dont know if you can sign up before that. I dont think so though. But you would want to contact Guest services to find out for sure.

Edited: 19 April 2014, 02:57
Vancouver
Level Contributor
95 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Disabled Pass Disneyland

THanks, HAPPY.

I just took a closer look at the process to obtain a DAS pass and it looks like you have to register at DLR City Hall, which means you have to enter the park!

In other words it has to be done the day of your entry, unless you want to waste a day on your ticket!

Get answers to your questions about Anaheim