We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Authorized Disneyland Vacation Planner

Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Authorized Disneyland Vacation Planner

Hello,

Wondering if anyone can give me a reference on good travel agencies that are authorized by Disneyland. Sometimes they can offer you better deals than buying separately.

My husband and I are interested in hotel and ticket package. Are plane tickets are through Southwest and we already have a pretty good deal there.

To save money we don't want to stay at one of the Disneyland resort hotels. The travel dates are 09/28-10/03. Thanks

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
7,749 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Authorized Disneyland Vacation Planner

Walt Disney Travel Company, AAA and Alaska Airlines. And make sure you check buying separate. There is a current discussion on this forum(you need to find and read)that indicate some people are findint a package deal is not saving any money, and, in fact, costs more than the separate components. Do some research before you buy anything. Chuck.

Edited: 06 April 2014, 00:59
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Authorized Disneyland Vacation Planner

I have researched a lot. I've looked at Southwest Vactions, Alaskan Airline Vactions, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline etc. Ive also looked at booking separately. Ive noticed I save on California tourism sales tax by not booking through the actual main website. Its like 17% which saves you a few bucks.

Im mainly intersted in vaction plans that can be bought by an authorized Disney travel agent. Sometimes they can be very knowledgeable about hotels, deals etc.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
28,635 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Authorized Disneyland Vacation Planner

We dont usually see cost savings by getting package deals ect. More will get a better deal and better conditions by purchasing separately usually. Although they will sometimes have little added perks. Tickets are not discounted within those packages. And you can usually find some discounts for them elsewhere.

But if you really want suggestions for that type of thing, then you can look at the Mousesavers website which lists current discounts and shows some Authorize Disneyland vacation planners.

mousesavers.com/disneyland-california-vacati…

Nome, Alaska
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Authorized Disneyland Vacation Planner

Costco Travel throws in a premium character meal, or you can use the vouchers for other restaurants that accept them within the parks like the Blue Bayou, and they also give $20 Disney gift card.

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
31,515 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Authorized Disneyland Vacation Planner

Hannah, why don't you tell us what the best deal you found was and we'll see if we can beat it!

BTW, it's helpful if you include your city/country of residence with your screen name as that tells us so much about you when we respond to your questions. To add this info, click on 'your trip advisor' at the top of this page (you can't do this using the mobile app for trip advisor) and then edit your profile.

Maple Ridge, Canada
Level Contributor
185 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Authorized Disneyland Vacation Planner

Hi, I am currently planning a Disneyland trip for my family and for us, it has turned out to be a much better deal booking everything separately. If you are prepared to put some time and research into it that is. Some people might prefer to use a travel agency for convenience. When you book a package you will get the standard rate of whatever hotel you are choosing. When you book with the hotel directly you can usually get discounts, that could be through a discount code or through signing up for email deals with the hotel. Through these forums I have received so many great tips such as the Mousesavers website and their discount at the Howard Johnson Anaheim. (Thanks Happytotrip!) Mousesavers has a code for 15% off room rates so I booked a room at Hojo's. This is where the work comes in. After that I kept an eye out for further discounts. On the Hojo insider board I found another discount code for 25% off, I called the in house reservations and they adjusted my price. Then after signing up with Hojo's email alerts I got an email for the "Super Family Rate" deal, 50% off certain dates! Turns out 4 out of 5 of the nights we are staying are now 50% off. If I didn't keep looking for further discounts I would be paying the standard rate, same if you book a package your room rate can not go down. This can also work on other hotels, you just have to keep checking the hotel's website for special deals and lower rates. For Disney park hopper passes I am going with aRes travel, they always have deals, right now it's adults pay kids price. Hope this helps!

Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Authorized Disneyland Vacation Planner

Im on mobile so I can't update my City/State. Its Olympia, Washington for those who want to know. Anyways I really want to stay at the Best Western that is directly across the street from Disney. The rate is roughly $139 per night which isnt bad but it added up to well over $700 for our trip which I feel is too much. Costco offers about 10- 20% off which is roughly $119 per night. Any promo codes that are better to bring it down more?

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
28,635 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Authorized Disneyland Vacation Planner

Not likely for your time period your going to find the BW Park Place Inn for any less expensive than that Imo.

Did you try something like the Anaheim Desert Inn? Its showing around $112 for your dates with the resort fee added in. Its a well rated standard Motel like the Best Western is. And is about a 2 min more of a walk.

Keep in mind that all of these being talked about are standard Motels, and not Hotels which you seemed to be willing to pay more for, but not a Motel?

Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Authorized Disneyland Vacation Planner

I didn't know the Anaheim Desert Inn was so close of a walk. I will check it out. Thank you

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
28,635 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Authorized Disneyland Vacation Planner

If you going to up your budget a little you may as well look at the Howard Johnsons which is a well rated standard Hotel with those amenties. Its about an 11 min walk though to the Turnstiles, and no free breakfast, but does also have an Art Shuttle service stop. They are having a 25% off special right now that is available for your dates and would make your rate $125 a nite. Use the promocode LKME on thier website.

http://www.hojoanaheim.com/

Get answers to your questions about Anaheim