We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

LA to San Francisco to Las Vegas

KL
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
LA to San Francisco to Las Vegas

Anyone could gimmie the latest info! I plan to go LA this october. Drive ahead to SF and LV. Do i need international driving license? Anyone could advise how long the journey take and budget place to stay! Tq

Mentioned in this post
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
California
Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
66,539 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: LA to San Francisco to Las Vegas

Hi

Since you're posting on the Anaheim forum, it seems like you're planning time in Anaheim. But it's not on your list.

I recommend that you go "up" one level to the California state forum page. Read the relevant Top Questions, especially Itineraries, SF to L.A. coastal drive, San Francisco to Las Vegas, and Theme Parks.

California: tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g28926-i29-Califor…

Three weeks is a good length of time.

A drivers license in English is okay.

Mentioned in this post
San Francisco
San Francisco
California
KL
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: LA to San Francisco to Las Vegas

Thank you!!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
29,484 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: LA to San Francisco to Las Vegas

Are you planning on visiting Disneyland since your in the Anaheim forum? If so, we can help you plan that part of your visit. LA is about a 1 hour drive North of Anaheim.

If you have multiple days planned at Disneyland then it makes sense to split your stay, and stay part of the time in the Anaheim area, and part in the LA area for that part of your visiting.

Edited: 20 April 2014, 16:38
Mentioned in this post
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
California
KL
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: LA to San Francisco to Las Vegas

Yeah, i plan on visiting disneyland and hollywood as well. But to be honest i do not know exactly where to start at this moment like where should i go first and where should i stay. Appreciate your advise!

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
21,376 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: LA to San Francisco to Las Vegas

It would help to know how much time you have for your entire trip. How many days/nights total?

Some of the places on your wish list are hours and hours apart from each other. IF you only have 7 days/6 nights, then you don't have enough time to see Disney/LA/Las Vegas/SF. This type of trip needs a minimum of 2 weeks.

IF you're flying into LA, start there. Spend a day getting over jet lag and getting in a few local sights. 3 nights would be good. That gives you 2 full days for LA.

Then move down to Anaheim for a few nights to visit Disneyland.

You then have a few options depending on how much leftover days you have:

Opt 1: Anaheim to Las Vegas to Lone Pine to Yosemite to San Francisco to Monterey to Cambria/Pismo Beach to LA for flight home

Opt 2: Anaheim to Pismo Beach to Monterey to San Francisco, fly to Las Vegas

Opt 3: Fly from LAX to SFO, fly SFO to Las Vegas (If the coastal route or Yosemite are not on your radar)

Edited: 20 April 2014, 17:03
Mentioned in this post
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
California
San Francisco
San Francisco
California
Monterey
Monterey
Monterey County, CA
Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
29,484 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: LA to San Francisco to Las Vegas

Theres lots to do in the LA area besides Hollywood which wont likely take very long. If for some reason you are just wanting to visit Hollywood, then you may as well stay in Anaheim and visit with a daytrip to Hollywood. Something like Grayline Anaheim Tours, or Starline Tours are larger Tour companies that do a variety of tours from Anaheim.

Along with Kibbles09 good suggestions, you can also look at the LA and general California forum pages in the upper right of the page where it say "top questions" lots of helpful info for traveling up the Coast ect to SF.

I dont recall though you saying how many days you actually had for this visit. That would be helpful to know, as we cant really give as good of suggestions without knowing that.

Usually 2 or 3 days is suggested for a visit to Disneyland ( although some people will spend longer than that) And if you are planning on visiting the LA area, 3 days there is a good amount of time. Las Vegas, about 3 days. And traveling up the coast to San Francisco 2 or 3 days, and a few more if you are planning on stopping in Yosemite. SF about 3 days.

But for help with your whole general itinerary, it is a good idea to maybe also post in the general California forum. Then when you get a basic Itinerary, you can post in the various City forums where you are going to be visiting, and they can help you with an itinerary for those areas as well as help you find good places to stay.

Well be happy to help you find somewhere to stay for the Anaheim part of your trip when you are ready for that if you are planning on multiple days there. Its helpful to give us a budget per night, as well as what kind of accomodations you are looking for such as a nicer Hotel, or standard Motel in close walking distance to Disneyland.

If you can tell us your dates you will be visiting in Oct, we can also likely help you with when during your visit would be best crowdwise to visit Disneyland. Theres quite alot going on in Oct since its Halloweentime. Heres more info on that from last years info to give you some idea of what goes on.

wdwinfo.com/disneyland/Events/Halloween.htm

You will need some sort of drivers license to drive in the U.S.. But you also may want to post that question in the general California forum. Im not familiar with whats needed.

Edited: 20 April 2014, 17:43
Mentioned in this post
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
California
StarLine Tours
StarLine Tours
25 Reviews
Anaheim, CA
San Francisco
San Francisco
California
7. Re: LA to San Francisco to Las Vegas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 April 2015, 05:15