We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Curious - what is RSR like?

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Aurora, Illinois
Level Contributor
257 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Curious - what is RSR like?

I am positive I can go on Youtube and view this ride but I really don't want to - kind of want to be surprised.

But, I am curious - is it very similar to Test Track at WDW? We have been to WDW more times than I can count and while we like TT, we don't build our touring plan around getting multiple rides for it anymore. Is RSR way cooler and worth the mad rush at rope drop? I realize we have to deal with the mad rush to get on once. We have two teens (13 and 17).

Thanks!

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
52,285 posts
423 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Curious - what is RSR like?

It is somewhat like Test Track, but better.

Yes worth going first thing. If the line builds too quickly, get Fast Passes.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
27,456 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Curious - what is RSR like?

Whether or not its worth it is up to you to decide. Why not go by the ride first to watch it and see what you think. The exciting part is all outside where you can watch. The inside is all Cars themed stuff.

I took a look at the Youtube video of Test Track, and they look very similar to me as far as the Cars, and what they do, ect. Its the theming of the RSR ride that is the most interesting part, Imo, even the wait is interesting as you walk along. And the Mountainside is quite something to see especially at night. I think its worth one ride though just to see what you think.

Fastpasses are usually gone after about 1 hour after Park opening time. I would suggest visiting on a non-early entry day, as those folks staying at one of the Disney owned Hotels can now line up and get a Fastpass before everyone else.

Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
18,602 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Curious - what is RSR like?

This attraction also uses Single Rider Passes, which you all can get at one time but may be put in separate cars. I just viewed a You Tube Vlog the other day where the two people did Single Rider for RSR and ended up racing each other. That was pretty lucky and pretty cool. If you don't want to do Single Rider the first time, some of you might like it for an additional ride.

Aurora, Illinois
Level Contributor
257 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Curious - what is RSR like?

Thanks! We definitely want to experience this ride - I just wasn't sure if I needed to worry about multiple rides. We actually don't like the newly refurbished Test Track but will probably like RSR because of the theming. At WDW, TSMM is the crazed ride that runs out of FP's in an hour!

california
Level Contributor
830 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Curious - what is RSR like?

So, at California Adventure, Toy Story doesn't have fast passes. You just wait, usually an hour. Test Track and RSR are the same type of ride. However, Cars Land is the best adaptation of a movie into a theme park in the Disney Universe, IMO. The whole area looks and feels like the movie. The ride is no exception. It is a real kick. The great thing is that since you've experienced this type of ride before you could use single rider which usually isn't more than 30 minutes. I'm a native Californian but lived for three years recently in Lake Forest, IL. You will enjoy it here; a welcome break from cold or humidity depending on when you visit;)

Aurora, Illinois
Level Contributor
257 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Curious - what is RSR like?

Thanks Bruinred! We have used single rider many times for TT, so it should be a good option for a second ride on RSR. I think for the first ride we will want to experience it as a family. We like the Cars movie so should be fun!

My 13 yo daughter is very excited about the weather! We will be visiting in July and I told her it would be hot without the humidity. She hates humidity!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
297 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Curious - what is RSR like?

When CA opened, we went RIGHT to RSR and even heading there quickly and immediately, we were in line for about an hour... and it was worth it!! I thought it was just zooming around the track outside but there's a whole inside part that was really entertaining and enjoyable. We (my best friend and I, both in our early 20s at the time) wanted to go on it again but by the time we went back to CA that evening, the wait was THREE HOURS. We couldn't rationalize spending the rest of our night in line so we didn't do it again but it was great!

8. Re: Curious - what is RSR like?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2015, 08:17