We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fast Passes

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Fast Passes

We are a family of 4 spending 5 days in Disneyland in October. Confused re: the fast passes. Do you only have 2 hours in which to return and use them. I was hoping to enter the park in the morning and get fast passes for a return in the evening but am not sure if that's possible. Would appreciate any assistance.

Many thanks

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
29,544 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fast Passes

Welcome to forum posting OzzieT919,

When in Oct will you be visiting? Alot can be going on during that time including the Mickey's Halloween Party nites where Disneyland Park only will close early to regular guests and you must purchase a special Party ticket to get into the Party.

There is no guarantee of exactly when a Fastpass will be for, it can vary each day. You may sometimes at busier times get a Fastpass in the morning for an later afternoon time, its just what Disneyland wants to do.

You do have a small window though for a return time if thats what you mean, and you must return between whatever hours are listed on the Fastpass.

Heres more info on the free Fastpass system and how to use it that should be helpful.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g29092-c3632/Anaheim:…

Mentioned in this post
Disneyland Park
Disneyland Park
24,129 Reviews
Anaheim, CA
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fast Passes

We arrive at Disneyland on Friday 17 October for 5 nights. I only recently found out about the Halloween party nights and think we might try and do that (if there is one) on the first day. We have a 5 day hopper pass and our kids love theme parks. I suppose I was thinking that some days we could go into the park early, get fast passes and then go back to the hotel and come back to the park again later. I have been reading on the forum a lot about strategies to get everything done - there is a lot to take in. I was hoping it would be quieter in October but it looks like it might be busy with the party nights.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
29,544 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fast Passes

In general, thats not really possible to specifically get a Fastpass for a certain time like that.

For your dates, that weekend will be busier anyway as the State of Utah Schools get a 4 day weekend Oct 16-19. Very likely dates past that point will be less crowds for that Mon and Tues after the weekend.

Party nites are usually on Tues and Fridays with sometimes Mondays thrown in. So, likely a Party nite on that Friday Oct 17th, and Oct 21 of your dates.

No official info is out yet for when the Party nites will be for this year, but that info should be out anytime now, and we will post in here, as well as you can look on the Disneyland.com website and thier Official Disneyland Blog site which posts that info.

Heres the info on last years Halloweentime and the Mickey's Halloween Party nites to give you some idea of what goes on.

wdwinfo.com/disneyland/Events/Halloween.htm

If you want to visit on a Party nite its usually suggested to purchase them about 3 weeks out for most of the Party nite times.

Party nites do make things a little busier at Disneyland, but you still should have a few quiet days in the beginning of the next week.

Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
20,893 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fast Passes

Fast Passes have a printed time window on them that they are good, usually just one hour, and that time is a surprise. It cannot be determined. It is always a safe bet that the more popular a Fast Pass eligible ride is, the more Fast Passes will be in demand early and not getting them early either runs the risk of a very late Fast Pass Return Time or no more available (aka "sold out").

Guests at Disneyland Resort Parks USED TO be able to use Fast Passes beyond their end time, which meant they were able to be saved until nightime or whenever convenient for the guest to use after the start time. That was put a stop to by the Disney Company. You may see some posts dating back a couple of years that say Fast Passes can be saved to be used later on after the end time, because we used to be able to do that. Old advice.

A warning if you happen to look at You Tube videos of Disneyland Tips and Tricks (which are normally helpful) some will say that Disneyland Fast Passes do not expire. This is old advice that does not apply any more. Even if the You Tube is by a cast member or former cast member with insider tips. Same goes for the tip about free coffee refills on Main Street - old and not something that is done since the Market House was (unfortunately) remodeled. I never notice any of the you tubers with old advice commented on things that have changed. Look f for current dates when watching videos. Within the last year.

Edited: 18 June 2014, 05:29
Mentioned in this post
Market House
Market House
17 Reviews
Anaheim, CA
Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
20,893 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fast Passes

In your Los Angeles thread I suggested you take a day in Anaheim and visit Knott's rather than visiting that park from LA. Knott's during the daytime in October is generally quiet, although on a weekend it could be busier. They have a very scary Halloween event on many nights, which is super popular, and most of their attendance in October is during these nights. That leaves the days with less attendence, although I assume weekends will pick up now that there are more season pass holders for this park.

You could consider Knott's during the day and Disneyland at night, so you won't lose a day of Disneyland to fo Knott's. If you have not got your Disneyland Resort tickets yet, I would suggest no more than 4 day park hoppers and get party tickets for DL's party. Attendance is limited for the party.

Mentioned in this post
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
California
Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
20,893 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fast Passes

Disneyland Park should have the following available in October:

Sat and Sun - Remember, Dreams Come True Fireworks and Fantasmic, Soundsational Parade

On party nights - Halloween Screams Fireworks and a halloween themed parade.

Weekdays in DL Park - Soundsational Parade.

It is possible to see two different fireworks shows and two different parades in Disneyland Park if planned for.

Edited: 18 June 2014, 05:54
Mentioned in this post
Disneyland Park
Disneyland Park
24,129 Reviews
Anaheim, CA
Fantasmic!
Fantasmic!
870 Reviews
Anaheim, CA
tucson, az
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fast Passes

The fastpass machines will have something above them that say when the return time for them is. Needless to say it changes throughout the day.

Also, because I'm not sure if you are talking about holding multlple fastpasses at once or not: generally speaking- there are exceptions (like World of Magic)- you can only get one fastpass at a time. The fastpass should also tell you when the next one can be gotten.

Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
20,893 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fast Passes

Another tip:

In front of the ride entrance there will be the Stand By time posted and the Fast Pass time posted next to it. The Fast Pass time that is posted is the same as what the tickets that are currently being distributed will say. It used to be the time of the Fast Pass that was currently being accepted to enter the FP line. So, this is convenient in that if you have reservations for a meal during that posted time or if you want to see a show that takes place then, you know that you probably don't want to get your FP and you can come back later to possibly try for a different time. It is also very helpful for Space Mt. because the signs posting the times àre at the bottom of the long walk up to the distribution machines and actual ride entrance. That saves you from taking a long walk if you don't want a Fast Pass yet.

tucson, az
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Fast Passes

Sigh. And of course I meant World of Color, not World of Magic.

10. Re: Fast Passes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2015, 06:16