We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting Fastpasses for RSR & WOC

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
143 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Getting Fastpasses for RSR & WOC

I want to get a fast pass for RSR and WOC on the same morning. Once I get the RSR pass at it's tough to be a bug, what is the best route to Grizzly River Run? The DCA map looks like it's a pretty good distance either way. Silly question, I know, but I'm thinking about my poor feet so early in the morning. Also, are there any other rides that I would typically need to get an early fastpass for? Our dates are July 10, 11, and 14. Thanks.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
27,672 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting Fastpasses for RSR & WOC

Going West and taking the route to your right that goes around the falls ect is likely a little shorter? And is a more interesting route with the water falls ect. Imo.

…go.com/media/dlr_nextgen/SiteCatalog/PDF/Di…

Either way, you can pick up a Fastpass for Soarin over California which is near the Grizzley River Run area as both Radiator Springs Racer and WOC Fastpass are not linked to the regular Fastpass system, so you can have both of those and still pick up a regular Fastpass. So, you could pick another ride like Screamin or one of those for a Fastpass, but that would be a little detour on your way over to Grizzley River Run.

Depending on what ages you have with you, you may also want to consider "single rider" for RSR which offers the least wait times, but you must be willing to ride the ride alone.

In case we havent already given you that info heres a good article on the free Fastpass system at Disneyland and how to use it.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g29092-c3632/Anaheim:…

california
Level Contributor
842 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting Fastpasses for RSR & WOC

Just want to second going around Grizzly Peak to the right. You can get a fast pass for Soarin on your way there or on your way back. If you head over to California Screamin and Tower of Terror early you shouldn't have to wait too long for those rides. But the line for Toy Story Mania does get long and, in my opinion, moves rather slowly.

Have Fun!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
143 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting Fastpasses for RSR & WOC

Thanks. That's what I needed to know.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
27,672 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting Fastpasses for RSR & WOC

Yes, if you want to do Toy Story Mania that should be done first as its a longer line with no Fastpass, while someone takes everyones tickets to get Fastpasses for RSR. ( keep in mind that everyone in that group must have already entered either Park to activate thier Fastpass for the day if someone takes tickets)

Edited: 19 June 2014, 16:45
United States
Level Contributor
2,556 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting Fastpasses for RSR & WOC

We were there 5/27. It was a Tuesday and the lightest day crowdwise of the whole trip. Our entry plan was to go to Toy story Midway Mania first. It took 15 minutes but we didn't get to the bag check until actual park opening. If you're a little earlier there may be no wait there. Personally I think it's a waste of time to line up for the RSR fast pass at the beginning of the day. If I'm going to be on my feet I'd like to be doing something fun. After we rode Toy Story we sent one back to get the RSR FP. They were for 3 p.m. A bunch of us rode California Screamin' while that person got the RSR FP. You could then get Soarin' FP, WOC FP and meet the group at Little Mermaid, Grizzly River Run or Goofy's Sky School.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
27,672 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting Fastpasses for RSR & WOC

What you have to keep in mind is that usually the Fastpasses for RSR are gone for the day after about 1 hour after Park opening time, so if you want one, someone will need to be there in that line at Park opening time, especially in July which is a very busy time.

Edited: 20 June 2014, 01:59
Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
199 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting Fastpasses for RSR & WOC

Looks like Disney threw a wrench into the gears - new reports are that RSR fastpasses are "on the grid" - so you'll have to wait 2 hours to get another fastpass at DCAP (except for WOC).

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
27,672 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Getting Fastpasses for RSR & WOC

corona79,

Thanks for posting the updated info, that will help people plan better.

After looking around a little on Disboards, it appears the fact that RSR is now linked to the regular Fastpass system may be helping a little to make the Fastpasses availability last a little longer in the morning. We will see if that plays out over the summertime crowds though.

Edited: 23 June 2014, 17:51
9. Re: Getting Fastpasses for RSR & WOC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2015, 05:16