We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place to stay?

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, Texas
11 posts
Save Topic
Best place to stay?

Planning a trip to Anaheim but my reservation was "lost" according to the hotel so now I'm stuck finding a new place. We plan to visit DLP a couple of days and the rest of the time we plan to drive up to LA for a day and Santa Monica Pier as well. That being said I think staying in Anaheim is best and we are flying out of Orange County as well so I thought it was the smartest choice to stay in Anaheim. If wrong, please let me know. That being said, which hotel is best to stay at. I was looking at Ayres but hear it's not the best as it's still a little away. I think my next choice is Hotel Indigo Anaheim, Staybridge Suites Anaheim or Fairfield Inn Anaheim Hills. Any recommendations? It will be 2 adults and a child (4 years old). I sort of prefer suites so that we have 2 TV's for our downtime but open to suggestions. Thanks.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
26,486 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best place to stay?

Sorry your having issues with a Hotel. Did you talk with the Manager directly? They cant just "lose" a reservation. That implies that they had one to begin with, so they should make good on it. But perhaps you have already been through all that.

Can you give us your specific dates again so we can help you look around?

Edited: 18 June 2014, 18:33
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Best place to stay?

Sorry to barge in but im going there july 23 for one nite. Then to long beach. Any ideas on good hotel?

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
26,486 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best place to stay?

Welcome to the forums calvinfick,

We will be happy to help you find somewhere to stay. Its best though to start your own new thread with your specific questions so we can help you better, and the info wont get mixed up with the OP in this thread. You can do that by clicking in the basically middle of the page where it says "ask a question".

Be sure to include a budget per night and what kind of accomodations you are looking for such as a standard Motel across the street from the Disneyland Main Entrance, or a nicer Hotel a little farther away.

Maui
Level Contributor
2,250 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best place to stay?

I would cross Fairfield Inn Anaheim Hills off of your list. It is not close at all to Disneyland. Were you confusing this with the Fairfield Inn Anaheim Resort that is on Harbor Blvd. next to Howard Johnson's Hotel. As for the others, I can't say, but the Staybridge Suites gets good reviews. I would recommend staying somewhere that has a maximum walk of 10 minutes.

Edited: 19 June 2014, 01:49
Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
50,836 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best place to stay?

How many total nights? Budget? And when?

The Ayres Hotel Anaheim is a great hotel. Some people don't stay there because they want to be walkable to Disneyland, but if you are only doing Disney 2 days out of 5 days or more, I wouldn't let "walkable" dissuade me from a great hotel.

But then again if you have 5 days or more and it is summer when you are coming, I probably wouldn't stay in Anaheim to begin with since you are only doing 2 days at Disney, I'd be by the beach (Newport, Laguna, Huntington).

6. Re: Best place to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2015, 07:15