We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxis from Disneyland

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Topic
Taxis from Disneyland

Hello

I am travelling to Disneyland from Downtown LA on Thursday 7th July. I will be arriving by Amtrak/Metrolink and will use either the ART or taxi to get to Disneyland.

On leaving the park (after fireworks), how easy will it be to get a taxi back to Anaheim station at around 10pm in time for the Amtrak at 11:09? Are taxis waiting? Would there be a queue? Alternatively, which buses would get me to the station on time?

Any help for my planning would be great.

Many thanks.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
26,904 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxis from Disneyland

I dont think a train at 11pm is an option. Usually the last train is around 10pm that runs, so I dont know if the train is an option in this case if you want to stay later.

It would take you quite a while to get out of Disneyland right after the Fireworks show since alot of families are also leaving around that time. And a Taxi would require you to walk to the Disneyland Hotel Parking lot to pick up one there.

I would suggest if you are staying in LA to overlap your stay, and stay overnight at somewhere inexpensive close to the Disneyland Main Entrance, and dont check out of your LA Hotel, and take the train back in the Morning.

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach
Level Contributor
6,185 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxis from Disneyland

According to the Yellow Cab web site, "Taxis can be hailed from the Disneyland taxicab stand, located just outside the park, right next to Harbor Blvd. Up to four taxis will be on standby at the staging area. Other taxis will pull in as needed. There are plenty of cabs waiting for the closing of Disneyland "

No need to go to DL Hotel.

You noted a scheduled train at 11:09. Is that from Anaheim Station or Santa Ana? If Anaheim, plan on being in your cab by 10:30 p.m. If Santa Ana, I would leave by 10:15.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
26,904 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxis from Disneyland

Darn it, I keep forgetting that their is now a usable Taxicab stand now on the Harbor Blvd side. A few years ago that used to just be for drop offs, and you had to go to the Disneyland Hotel for any kind of pick up. Sorry about the incorrect info.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxis from Disneyland

Thanks to you both for your help.

Unfortunately, staying over night is not really an option. I have been to Disneyland before but my partner hasn't. We plan on arriving before the gates open so we can be in early so I reckon by 10pm, we might have had enough! I am more than happy to use trains/metrolink - in the UK, we get used to public transport and travelling over an hour to get to the city for example isn't really an issue so I'm sure this won't be too bad. The Metrolink and Amtrak doesn't seem too bad and I checked Amtrak last night and could have swore the last train leaving Anaheim Amtrak Station was 11:09 and from Fullerton 11:18. Maybe I was wrong? It's good to know taxis are waiting outside, well a short walk from the entrance/exit. Will there be a lot of pedestrain traffic leaving at 9:45pm after fireworks? I am just hoping 1 hour 15 minutes is enough to make it to Anaheim station.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
26,904 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxis from Disneyland

Yes, lots of people will be leaving right after the Fireworks show. The show starts at 9:30 and goes for 15min.

What I would suggest you do is to either watch the show a little farther away such as from a little up above things where the Disneyland Railroad station is located near the entrance, and right before the end of that 15 min, make your way down the stairs and towards the entrance to the Park so you can more easily get out of the Park. Or plan on leaving right before the Fireworks are over.

Its a little confusing, but the Anaheim Station is in Anaheim, a few miles from Disneyland. There is also a station in Fullerton which is about 4 miles from Disneyland and at a busy time to get out of the area may take longer than 15 min. Its likely to take you about 15 min or so at best just to get out of Disneyland.

As far as Im aware the trains dont run after 10pm. But you should make sure of your schedule if you can find that on thier booking site.

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach
Level Contributor
6,185 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxis from Disneyland

I don't think you'll have a problem. Just confirm the train schedule for 11:09 PM.

As for public transportation, we frequently hear from visitors from the UK and other countries that they used our public transportation with no problems whatsoever. Many of us from the western U.S. are so stuck to our private cars that we never use the buses and trains and are unfamiliar with the public transportation options.

7. Re: Taxis from Disneyland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 01:16