We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best time to hang with princesses at a character meal?

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
116 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
best time to hang with princesses at a character meal?

I thought I read years ago there was a "better" time to book a meal as the princesses would be around longer, but i can't recall. is there such a time? like a late breakfast or whatever?

I'd like to see Ariel and Belle, and if the Frozen girls come by that'd be great too. my little one takes some time to warm up so I don't want the Ladies to rush by and she misses her chance to talk.

is Ariels grotto still the best way to go, and which meal/time do you recommend?

El Paso, Texas
Level Contributor
63 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best time to hang with princesses at a character meal?

Based on what I've been told the frozen girls only have a meet and greet in a seperate location(wait times can be very long). Also a preparade with them.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
26,539 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best time to hang with princesses at a character meal?

I dont think the Frozen princesses are at Ariels Grotto.

They do have a meet and greet over at Disneyland Park just for them, but as said lines are very long. There is a pre-parade at the first parade of the day with the Charaters from Frozen.

Lunchtime is likely the best option. I would suggest 11am. Keep in mind that there are no Charaters at Dinnertime. And keep in mind that people visit Ariels Grotto for the Charaters not the food, so I would not expect too much really. Heres thier menus

http://allears.net/dlr/din/menu/menus.htm

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
116 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best time to hang with princesses at a character meal?

so why 11 am? just wondering if there is a specific reason you recommend that time vs breakfast.

Orange, California
Level Contributor
26 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best time to hang with princesses at a character meal?

I don't think there is much difference unless the place is very, very crowded and even then I don't think it makes THAT much of a difference. It's just luck of the draw if you get a super "interactive" princes. We went around 1pm on a very slow day in January and felt like the princesses only minimally interacted with our daughter. As opposed to other character dining where they really seem to play and interact. The princesses just had some canned responses wished her happy birthday and moved on. That being a said, we walked into DL one day and Belle was right out front and my daughter had the best time, she was super interactive and funny! So......luck of the draw, I guess!

Frozen meet and greet is a minimum 2 hour wait unless you rush over there first thing at rope drop. Not worth it in my opinion,

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
26,539 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best time to hang with princesses at a character meal?

I suggested the lunch as its usually the least busy time, and 11am is usually the first lunchtime, so you can get a good table indoors before things get busy. I have also heard that the princesses mostly stay in the indoor area seating area, so there is more interaction there.

6. Re: best time to hang with princesses at a character meal?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 July 2015, 06:16