We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

baseball game at Anaheim stadium

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
158 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
baseball game at Anaheim stadium

We will be in Anaheim in September for a few nights checking out the theme parks and thought to also check out an Angels game.

Is the stadium far - should we walk or drive? Would it be safe to walk to at night or too far? Is the parking OK if we did drive, cost? What about the traffic from our accommodation?

We are 2 adults and 2 kids (12 & 8) staying at Anaheim Desert Inn & Suites on Sth Harbor Blvd. Game is at 6pm on a Saturday night.

Thanks

melbourne
Level Contributor
4,109 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: baseball game at Anaheim stadium

It's too far to walk. We drove and the parking was fine. It did cost, but from memory wasnt expensive. We did go during the week though, so not sure if Saturdays would be busier.

We were 4 adults and 3 kids (12,10,10). I'm not a sports fan, but it was fun to experience and get in the middle of the locals.

And it's definitely safe if you drive.

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: baseball game at Anaheim stadium

Walk to the stadium is going to be around 2 1/4 miles from that hotel, each way. More than what I'd do if it were me, especially with kids. You can take ART shuttle there (www.rideart.org) or a short taxi ride. Parking rates at the stadium I do not know exactly but generally parking at a sporting event costs somewhere between $10 and 20. I wouldn't worry too much about traffic but know that traffic getting into and out of stadiums is always heavy before / after games.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
27,437 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: baseball game at Anaheim stadium

Dont try to walk. Your going at night, and I wouldnt suggest walking that far at night, and its too far with children. Its a pretty inexpensive Taxi ride, but if you want to drive expect to take longer to get out of the parking lot area after a weekend game.

Redlands, California
Level Contributor
5,294 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: baseball game at Anaheim stadium

Parking is $10 but I would consider a taxi because it can get hectic leaving the stadium (arriving is no problem) and if you are not sure where you are going it can be stressful. Its a family friendly environment so no worries there.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
158 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: baseball game at Anaheim stadium

Great - thank you all.... a taxi sounds the way to take the stress out of driving and parking etc - not a huge sports fan either but i've always wanted to experience a baseball game in the States. Yip yip - can't wait.

6. Re: baseball game at Anaheim stadium

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2015, 06:17