We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Knotts Scary Farm

Queensland...
3 posts
Save Topic
Knotts Scary Farm

Hi We are family of five, three boys 15,13,12 and we really want to do knotts scary farm on the 26th of October, we are first time travellers to USA and are staying in Anahiem for 7 nights we have a five day hopper pass for Disneyland and are staying at the Park Vue. We arrive on the 21st Oct. My Questions are would it be ok to do Knotts through the day then do the Scary Farm that same night or would you recommend doing on different days?? When do Scary Farm tickets go on sale? should we buy before we get there? do you recommend getting fast passes Which will be expensive for both day at Knotts and the Scary Farm for five, but this is a once in a lifetime trip for us, you guys are superb you've helped so much planning this trip by browsing the forums so look forward to your replies.

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
28,392 posts
6,004 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Knotts Scary Farm

With your age boys it might be more fun just to do the Scary night at Knotts - and then do the day trip to Knotts if you want to another day after you do the scaryy night trip. That way, it would be more "spooky" for them as they will not be as familiar with the park. It is crowded at Knotts Scary Farm but its really fun. Lines can be long to get in - but once in its lots of fun and plan on staying until it closes. As long as your kids like such things, they will really enjoy this experience (and you will too.). Its very good.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
28,647 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Knotts Scary Farm

Welcome to the forums sammystoop,

You may want to look carefully at the info for the Knotts Scary Farm. Its really set up for adults, not children, it can be pretty gory and intense. Its not recommended for under ages13.

How many days do you plan on visiting Disneyland? Hopefully you are giving some down time inbetween Theme Parks, its just alot of walking all around. Most people can only do that for 2 or 3 days without needing a day of rest inbetween.

SoCal
Level Contributor
5,660 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Knotts Scary Farm

You should not need an Express Pass if you visit Knotts on a weekday at that time of year but on a weekend you probably would. There is a lot going on during Knotts Scary Farm, the lines are often long for the rides and mazes plus there are shows. If you go on a weekend you really should pay to get the Express Pass for Scary, on a weekday maybe or maybe not. Scary Farm can be really busy. They sometimes offer a dinner package where you get in early so look for that option. I think you need a day plus Scary to do and see it all.

You should buy tickets in advance as in past years they were cheaper in advance.

Edited: 06 August 2014, 18:24
Queensland...
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Knotts Scary Farm

Thanks so much for every ones replies, you all make planning a trip so much easier, We cant wait to visit your amazing country

Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
19,705 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Knotts Scary Farm

Isn't the night event called Haunt?

I know that the summer season ends on August 24 this year. Directly after that their website will change to advertize Haunt.

Edited: 08 August 2014, 08:17
Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
19,705 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Knotts Scary Farm

I just looked at the website. Tickets appear to be on sale now. Added this year is a pass that will get a guest in for up to 24 of the events. So I would expect it to be more crowded at the event than other years, although it looks like those passes are limited. And apparently, they have dropped the name Halloween Haunt or Haunt. (Personally, I dislike events like this so I guess I have not kept up.)

I don't see any reason to expect crowds or lines during the day in October, whatever day of the week it is. The usual shows should be on, but no ice show or extra entertainment. Weekends may have something special in Camp Snoppy for young children.

Edited: 08 August 2014, 08:39
SoCal
Level Contributor
5,660 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Knotts Scary Farm

Right now the pass is only for season ticket holders to buy. Tickets are now for sale, that just happened in the last couple of days. I don't know about no lines on weekends, with all of the season passholders, weekends can be crowded. It has been insanely crowded over the summer and I would not expect it so crowded on weekends, but once school is back in people locals with passes will mainly be coming on weekends.

Lake Arrowhead...
Level Contributor
8 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Knotts Scary Farm

Took a 12 yr old girl to Scary Farm 2013 and it was JUST RIGHT. Mostly 20-somethings go, but there is GREAT security, there is no one visibly drunk or high. There is a lot of fog so you can lose a wandering kid, so establish a meeting place the kids can find in the event somebody gets misplaced, and your "Tweens" will be just fine. We skipped the stage shows because Tweens just want roller coasters (and because a friend noted there was sexual suggestions in the displays and humor possibly inappropriate for a 12 yr old). I WOULD DO JUST THE SCARY FARM from 7pm to 1 am, it's exhausting... GET MRS KNOTTS CHICKEN DINNER FROM 5 TO 6:30 (they're a little slow) and get in line to be the first in the gates at 7pm.

Lake Arrowhead...
Level Contributor
8 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Knotts Scary Farm

https://www.knotts.com/knotts-scary TICKETS ARE for sale here.

If you think your boys would go two or three nights, there is something new this year: $65 per person for unlimited Scary Farm entrances. Instead of buying Fast Lane (front-of-the-line) passes, I'd get this and just wait in line... waiting in line you see the 'ghouls' sneak up on people and make them scream. (Paid $150 last year and only went to the front twice, not worth it for the fast lane.)

PARKING: if you go 'shopping' or have ice cream for an hour after the park closes, the parking attendants have been leaving and my parking was free the last 2 visits. The 'park' closes but the souvenir and some eating places remain open 1 hours after closing time. Grab Knotts Farm Boysenberry jam to take home and go across to the California Sports Store and look around (say happy birthday to the young clerk there, he's an October baby) and check out the hockey sticks, and the parking attendants will go home and your parking is free.

10. Re: Knotts Scary Farm

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2015, 05:16