We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disney style

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Gatineau, Canada
Level Contributor
338 posts
292 reviews
Save Topic
Disney style

At WDW, i've often felt over dressed, so with the years, I've learned to dress down or more sporty.

I'm packing for my trip next week, and I'm wondering, is Disneyland were laid back? Or being close to LA, is it more dressy?

Thank you!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
27,187 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Disney style

Its laid back and very casual dress for most people.

West Jordan, Utah
Level Contributor
1,976 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Disney style

It's Southern California. Many (most?) visitors are locals.

forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php…

I think this brings up the weather in Anaheim. You can even change it to metric.

Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
18,237 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Disney style

Usually many visitors are local, but this is tourist season and it a mix. That means variety.

When I was in Disneyland Park at the end of July (on a hot and somewhat humid day), I actually noticed quite a lot of pretty tops on the ladies that day. One had a light white blouse with short, loose cap sleeves and the front had two gold feathers. It me me think of Pocahantas.

I was there in a Saturday and see some ladies in dresses because there is swing dancing on Saturdays. I will be going back at the end of this month on a Saturday. If the Main Street lockers were not closed, I would take a dress tl change into at night. I thought of wearing a dress all day, actually, with a pair or short black shorts underneath (saw young ladies on the dance floor dressed that way), but I will be in the park for 15 hours and decided I need to be more comfortable.

I also saw a lot of Disney inspired shirts on my last visit. (Sort of unusual to see so many.). I like wearing my black tee scoop neck that has shape of Mickey on the front. Inside the shape is pretty writing in white with words that describe him (loveable, huggable, funny, etc) and shiny pink and blue flowers. I wear a nice shiny necklace and a pretty bracelet. Crisp white shorts with that shirt. (Of course, they don't stay crisp.) Years ago I lost an earing when on the canoes, so I no longer wear earings to Disneyland. But I have seen ladies wearing them. I always prefer to dress casual, but nice to go to Disneyland. Not sloopy or wearing what I would wear around the house or doing errands.

If you like dressing up a bit, go for it. Just make sure you are dressed for the weather and the length of time you will be in the park(s). In my opinion, it is best to wear something that will at least look like it fits okay with athletic shoes so that your feet are happy. But if going into the park for just a couple of hours, I suppose sandles are fine. To me, what it is like here we will accept your style, whether casual or a bit more dressy. What matters is your comfort.

For future reference for future trips you might like finding about about Dapper Days at Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World.

Edited: 07 August 2014, 05:28
Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
18,237 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Disney style

Sorry about the typos. My grammar and spelling is not really that bad.

SoCal
Level Contributor
5,651 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Disney style

Southern CA is overall a casual attire kind of place. DL/DCA are usually the same. Clothes are similar to what you see at WDW. But wear what you are comfortable with based on the time of year and weather. I see some people at DL in high heels!

Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
18,237 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Disney style

I just have to say this:

Anaheim, being in Orange County, is a world away from the way LA is. And that is a good thing! (Laid back, fun, and unpretenious just about descibes OC.)

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
51,817 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Disney style

Disneyland is very close to the beach in Orange County and has a much more laid back, casual vibe than WDW.

I usually wear shorts and a polo knit shirt. If we are staying onsite, I'll take slacks and a nice shirt for dinner, because we usually eat in nice places when we stay over.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
153 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Disney style

Most people I saw were very casual. Occasionally you see a person dressed up wearing heels, and you just have to laugh as they limp around the park :)

Gatineau, Canada
Level Contributor
338 posts
292 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Disney style

These are great answers, thank you everyone! I am now ready to finish my suitcase and hop on my flight Saturday.

tucson, az
Level Contributor
3,855 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Disney style

I don't know which makes me cringe more: high heels or the cheap 99 cent style flipper floppers.