We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zippy Shuttle conundrum

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
california
Level Contributor
1,161 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Zippy Shuttle conundrum

I am currently in convo with Zippy, relying back and forth to talk quotes and such and they just informed me that they don't do the route anymore, of John Wayne Airport to the Anaheim resort/hotel area. This is news to me.

They said

"No we don't do that route anymore, so if we were to do it, I would need to get a driver from another airport and area, so it would be $130 each way, so it would not work work out price-wise. Thanks."

My issue: we are going to be 4 adults traveling back in October with a 4 year old who needs to be in a 5-point harness car seat. The Disney Express Bus would work out, going to the hotel would not be an issue, since we wouldn't be in a rush and wouldn't care about stops and such. But getting BACK to the airport upon leaving sounds horrible. Our flight is at 11:30am. The shuttle picks up at 8:07 and 10:07. The latter getting us there WAY to late and the former causing us to wake earlier than nec. to get there pretty early. I thought it to be a pretty good idea to get a ONE-WAY shuttle going back, then we can get picked up exactly when we want. Is this a good idea or not?

As I have written this, Zippy has responded that they WILL do a one way at $130.

california
Level Contributor
1,161 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Zippy Shuttle conundrum

I suppose what they meant by it not working out price wise was directed at US, the travelers???

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach
Level Contributor
6,185 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Zippy Shuttle conundrum

Prime Time Shuttle or Super Shuttle will send private van for 4 people for less. I have also had very good luck with Karmel Shuttle.

If you are willing to bring your own car seat (many people travel wit them), a tax would only be about $40.

Edited: 08 August 2014, 21:54
West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
30,249 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Zippy Shuttle conundrum

There are lots of other transfer services. Contact your hotel for recs

california
Level Contributor
1,161 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Zippy Shuttle conundrum

I am ONLY looking for shuttles that provide car seats. We are already dragging our stroller and that's enough. Need the car seat to be included, or rather available. Which is why I'm down to Disney Resort Express bus or Zippy or 4MostCoach.

Any others I am missing?

Is the Disney bus to and a shuttle back a good plan?

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
30,249 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Zippy Shuttle conundrum

The Disney bus is very popular and a good option if it works for you.

The Disney Resort is filled with visitors in the same situation as you are. I'm sure your hotel will have a transfer referral (or two) for you. Just give them a call (during normal business hours) and ask. (The nighttime staff usually doesn't have much info).

california
Level Contributor
1,161 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Zippy Shuttle conundrum

I can call but I thought if get good recs on here.

Zippy is sounding like a pretty good option for our ride back to the airport. The Disney resort express would be easiest, of course to do both ways but as I said before the return sucks in that we would have to be picked up much earlier than really needed to oblige in their comfort as well as there are only two pick up times before our flight .

A shuttle one way to return to the airport sounds great...

I can call the hotel or ask here. I thought zippy and 4most were the only two that provided car seats, am I right?

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
26,894 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Zippy Shuttle conundrum

Interesting info that Zippy Shuttle is no longer servicing SNA, thanks for the info.

Another option would be to just pick up a Car seat at the Walmart or Target near where your staying. Im confused though, a 4 year old would not need usually a 5 point harness type of car seat. They would only need a standard booster seat usually which should be around $20 or so, and just bottom only, or at most one with a highback which would be around $50 so you may want to compare that option plus a taxi ride one way.

You idea to take the Disneyland resort Express one way an another shuttle service the other is not uncommon whenever someone wants to be sure they will be at the Airport at a certain time, so thats fine to do. As far as Im aware, the ones that have already been mentioned are the only ones that offer Car seats upon pre-request.

california
Level Contributor
1,161 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Zippy Shuttle conundrum

My gal is petite, 38.5 inches and 29 lbs. I WANT her to be in a 5 point toddler/child seat, not a booster type one.

We got a rental car for our trip last April, I got a good deal of a car rental with a free car seat included. I specified a toddler seat and not a booster but when we picked up the car it was a booster. We hadn't signed up for hertz membership yet and we waited an excruitiating 1.5 hrs to get the car. I decided to just go with the booster and suck it up, it's only 13 miles.

Well the booster was not good for her, too much wiggle room. I much prefer her in a tighter more secure way.

Alright...I think we will just do the Disney bus round trip and make it the easiest but get to the airport a bit earlier or go with Zippy, as their follow up emails are good and they will for sure service us .

Ahhhhh decisions....

But bought our park tickets (3-day park hoppers with a free day [so 4-day park hoppers] from aRes) and our Mickeys Halloween party tickets too, so that's something to smile about!!! :-)

california
Level Contributor
1,161 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Zippy Shuttle conundrum

Bring me to reality, and I know everyone's budget differs, but is a $130 one way shuttle outrageous?

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
26,894 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Zippy Shuttle conundrum

An average price for a shuttle more like $20 per person one way or so, so it is alot, but if its meets your needs, and you factor in an extra $80 or so in the whole trip, it may be worth it to you to spend the extra?