We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Importance of fireworks and Fatasmic to Disney experience

Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Topic
Importance of fireworks and Fatasmic to Disney experience

My adult daughter and I are making a day trip from San Diego to Disneyland between Sept 02 and Sept 10. I understand that the fireworks/Fantasmic would only be shown on Fri & Sat night, which would require an overnight stay at a hotel. Are the fireworks and Fantasmic experiences worth the extra expense (approx $100) of a hotel room?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
3,984 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Importance of fireworks and Fatasmic to Disney experience

I did not see Fantasmic until my 7th visit to DCA. I did not miss it one bit. No regrets. But when i finally stayed to see it, i enjoyed it a lot. But is it worth $100? I guess it depends on whether i also spent some time camping out in advance at spots with good views, whether the kids were behaving well, whether spending the extra night meant skipping Yosemite, whether...

Edited: 10 August 2014, 15:40
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
3,984 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Importance of fireworks and Fatasmic to Disney experience

Whoops. Got my acronyms wrong. It's Disneyland, not DCA

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
29,088 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Importance of fireworks and Fatasmic to Disney experience

YES! Just the Fireworks show is worth staying for, its a whole experience they put alot of thought into.

california
Level Contributor
1,315 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Importance of fireworks and Fatasmic to Disney experience

Agree! The fireworks show is out of this world!!!

Don't miss it!

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach
Level Contributor
6,504 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Importance of fireworks and Fatasmic to Disney experience

It's up to YOU whether fireworks are worth the stay. Some people are really into fireworks and other aren't. And since you have no children with you and you are both adults, perhaps you've seen enough fireworks.

If you are driving, you really could drive back to San Diego after the show. It's a 90 minute drive.

Level Contributor
36,976 posts
946 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Importance of fireworks and Fatasmic to Disney experience

Fantasmic and the firework show is a great cumulation to a day in Disneyland! :).

SoCal
Level Contributor
5,660 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Importance of fireworks and Fatasmic to Disney experience

Some people love fireworks and would think it is worth it and others do not. While I like them, I do not think they are worth $100 for a relatively short show. Only you know if it is worth it.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
10,587 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Importance of fireworks and Fatasmic to Disney experience

If the schedule says it's going to be the "Remember... Dreams Come True" fireworks show, I would say yes, that is definitely worth staying for. With Fantasmic!, sometimes you have to stake out a viewing spot a long time before the showtime, if you want a good view. That long boring wait can degrade the overall experience.

Edited: 11 August 2014, 03:00
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
21,588 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Importance of fireworks and Fatasmic to Disney experience

A few years ago we were at DL around 4th of July and expected a big fireworks show. Totally disappointed the show was not that great and not worth waiting around for it. Not sure if you will find a hotel for $100 a night near Disneyland. What would be worth the price of the hotel is not to have to drive back to San Diego when tired at night!

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,824 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Importance of fireworks and Fatasmic to Disney experience

Its a long way to come for just one day. I would consider staying overnight, the fireworks are magical and Fantasmic is great!