We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

honeymoon in Anaheim and LA

Newport, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
Save Topic
honeymoon in Anaheim and LA

Hi we are getting married in New York on 28th march then flying down to LA on 30th for 4 days then traveling to Anaheim for another 4 days as our honeymoon we have never been to any of these so any tips would be gratefully received and of course anything we must do try ?? please any advice would be amazing thankyou xxxx

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
27,921 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: honeymoon in Anaheim and LA

Congratulations on getting married!

Unfortunately though, thats a very busy time at Disneyland, its the week before Easter Sunday which has alot of U.S. Schools taking that full week off as Spring Break. ( Easter Sunday is April 5th for 2015). Hours will be extended, and a nightly Fireworks and Fantasmic show as they are expecting large crowds during that time.

So just giving you an idea of what things are likely to be like for your visit. That first few hours are the least busy time at Disneyland, so I would suggest taking full advantage of that, and being at whichever Park you want to visit at least 30 min to 1 hour before Park opening time. It takes time to get through in line to the Parks, and the open up part of each Park for shopping usually about 30 min before regular Park opening time.

And take good advantage of the free Fastpass system at Disneyland which should be helpful to you with the busier rides. You also might consider the single rider option which has the least wait times for the Radiator Springs Racer Ride since it commands a long wait time at busier times, and Fastpasses can be gone for the day pretty early in the day when its busy. Heres a good article on using the Fastpass system which should be helpful.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g29092-c3632/Anaheim:…

Its also a good idea to get some idea of where things are located within each Park. Here are the two Park maps that you can pick up at the entrance to either Park.

…go.com/media/dlr_nextgen/SiteCatalog/PDF/Di…

…go.com/media/dlr_nextgen/SiteCatalog/PDF/Di…

Do you have somewhere to stay? If not, we can help you plan that part of your trip, if you will give us a budget per night and what kind of place you are looking for, like a nicer Hotel, or standard Motel close walking distance to Disneyland, ect. If you already have a place to stay, we can also likely give you more info about it.

Here is a Map of Hotels in the Disneyland area so you can see where things are located. The Disneyland Main entrance is off of Harbor Blvd near where it says "East Shuttle Area" on the Map.

…10-best.info/disney_map.pdf

And, its a good idea to look through the info on the Disneyland.com website to see what rides and attractions interest you most. Rides with Fastpasses are usually the rides with the longest wait times, so those should be done in the early morning hours or pick up a Fastpass for them for later.

Edited: 26 August 2014, 20:43
Newport, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: honeymoon in Anaheim and LA

wow thank you so much that is so helpful we are going to be staying at the Howard Johnson hotel and water park im so excited even more so now cant wait :))

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
27,921 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: honeymoon in Anaheim and LA

The Howard Johnsons is a nice well rated standard Hotel. I would request a room toward the West side of the property as its a little quieter since the freeway goes behind the Hotel. Its about a 11 min walk, but also offers an Art shuttle stop for a small fee per person if you dont want to walk that goes from Disneyland to alot of Hotels about every 20 min or so, and that can be helpful to you when walking around all day. You can pick up an Art Pass at the Hotel.

If you are booking the Hotel yourself, there are various discounts offered through the year, you can sign up on the hotel website for email alerts, and they have a facebook page with discounts listed sometimes. You can also use the Mousesavers discount which anyone can use for 15% off with the promocode LKMS, or by mentioning the discount when calling the Hotel direct to book.

Your not too early to booking something now if you havent already book Howard Johnsons, I would suggest doing that with a cancelable reservation, they book up quite far in advance, and your visiting at a busy time anyway.

Edited: 26 August 2014, 23:40
Newport, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: honeymoon in Anaheim and LA

Thankyou for such helpful information really appreciate it :)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
13 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: honeymoon in Anaheim and LA

Hello,

I thought I would add in my 2 cents, as I am also getting married soon and also going to LA/anaheim for my honeymoon (we are visiting again in November)

I also visited September last year, and stayed at the Howard Johnson. We really enjoyed our stay there and highly recommend it so you have made a good choice :)

I also suggest building 1 - its the closest to reception and it is a great feeling not having to walk any further into the property.

I have seen people suggest to eat at the restaurant across the road - however I didn't rate it for breakfast at all - I think it was overrated.

The walk is fine to do and if it is just you and your hubby (no kids) you won't have to worry about the shuttle too much, we didn't have to use it at all. Sometimes we would stop by Mcdonalds which you pass on the way.

Lastly, enjoy it!! Take time to enjoy the scenery and try not to rush and get everything done at once, which is what we ended up doing.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
52,978 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: honeymoon in Anaheim and LA

I think Howard Johnson's is nice and great for families with young kids, but I hope you are not expecting a "water park" at the hotel. It is Howard Johnson Anaheim Hotel and Water Playground with strong emphasis on the word "playground". It is really for younger kids, see the picture below.

takefiveaday.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/…

Will you have a car? Any special dining information requests? For one splash out meal you might look at the Chef’s Counter at Napa Rose in the Grand Californian Hotel.

Newport, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: honeymoon in Anaheim and LA

thankyou sooo much when are you getting married ? im so excited an you request a certain area when you get there or should I message them before hand ? thanks again :) xxx

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
27,921 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: honeymoon in Anaheim and LA

Heres the map of Hojos Hotel. The freeway runs alongside the right side of Building #2, and behind building #1 on the right hand side of the Map.

hojoanaheim.com/wp-content/…room_layouts.pdf

Keep in mind that certain rooms types are in certain buildings. I would suggest requesting now ahead of time where you may want to stay, and then upon checkin, make that request again.

Edited: 28 August 2014, 19:29
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
13 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: honeymoon in Anaheim and LA

We are getting married in November so not long to go! Last time we were automatically given an upgrade to a disneyland facing room with view of fireworks, so this was not facing the freeway. I would ask for a particular type before hand but if you are not too worried than just wait and see when you arrive :) I have heard from others to make sure they know it's your honeymoon and you will likely be given an upgrade depending on capacity/how busy it is when you are there.

Best of luck with the wedding and honeymoon!

Newport, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: honeymoon in Anaheim and LA

Thankyou hope you have an amazing wedding and long and happy life together to xx