We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

City pass query

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
68 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
City pass query

I am looking at purchasing a citypass card to use in the theme parks in October this year. I am purchasing from Australia, but the card cannot be delivered here and I do not trust it to be delivered to the hotel. If we purchase from Australia apparently our first place for usage must be Disneyland. We are planning on going to Universal studios first as we will be in LA first. Can anyone please tell me whether there is a better way to get the citypass before we leave? Or have I misunderstood the terms?

Thanks.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
27,878 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: City pass query

The info you have is correct. However, you only have to pick up the SoCal City Pass at Disneyland maingate ticket window if you purchase from the Disneyland.com website, but you dont have to visit that attraction first

Or if you wont be in Anaheim first to pick them up there, you may be able to just purchase the Southern California City Pass ( which Im assuming your refering to) on the Universal Studios website. That would require you to visit Universal Studios to pick up the Pass first vs Disneyland.

https:/…PurchaseTickets.aspx

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
68 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: City pass query

Thanks happytotrip

I have just looked at this option and you can print tickets at home with this option. Do you then use the paper ticket the whole time? Or do you swap for card?

I noticed that I couldn't add on Legoland with this option. Can we do that at the gate? Many questions I know but just want to have all bases covered.

Thanks

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
27,878 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: City pass query

If you click toward the bottom of the page where it says "additional details" in the link I posted above, if gives you more info.

When you print out at home from the Universal Stuidos website its a voucher which you take to the Universal Studios ticket window to exchange for your actual SoCal City Pass Card.

Legoland and the Zoo can only be added to a SoCal City Pass on the Citypass.com website, which is what you said you didnt want to do?

There are various other discounts offered for Legoland. You can look at the Mousesavers website which is a good resource for you as they list current discounts on attractions for you ( they dont sell tickets)

mousesavers.com/discounts-and-deals-at-other…

Edited: 28 August 2014, 18:00
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
68 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: City pass query

Thanks for all the info!

5. Re: City pass query

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2015, 05:16