We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

parking?

La Habra, California
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
parking?

I plan on going to Catalina for 7 - 10 days in december. I was wondering if there was anywhere else to park in Long Beach than the Catalina Express parking, something that was cheaper than the $12.00 a day, 7 - 10 days of parking will be expensive there.

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
31,424 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: parking?

Why not leave from Newport Beach? It's the same distance from La Habra to Newport as it is to LB, the fare is almost the same ($2 more out of Newport) and the parking is only $7/day (follow these directions for the parking):

Take the 57 south to the 5 south to the 55 south. The 55 ends and becomes Newport Blvd, which ends and becomes Balboa Blvd. Follow until Balboa Pavillion. Turn left on Main St. for the terminal or turn right on Palm Street for long term parking (7 dollars a day).

(I don't know how old these directions are -- the parking could be higher now!).

Here's the site for the boat from Newport:

http://www.catalinainfo.com/

(I couldn't find any reference to parking on this site; maybe you can or, better yet, call them).

Good luck!

La Habra, California
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: parking?

Thanks for the info.

3. Re: parking?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2009, 21:18