We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Edgewater closed.

Avalon Ca.
Level Contributor
28 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Edgewater closed.

Just a note to advise any travelers planning on comming to Catalina Island. The Hotel Edgewater lost their lease and are no longer open. The owners of the building are planning on doing some renovations and running it themself's. Not quite sure of the time frame.

billfish55

Trabuco Canyon...
Level Contributor
1,066 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Edgewater closed.

Thanks Billfish. We plan to come over for a week in the summer so I appreciate your post on restaurant closures etc. Any updates on Pebbley rd. access, beach closures, new restaurants, stores, or just about anything else will also be appreciated!

Avalon Ca.
Level Contributor
28 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Edgewater closed.

The road is still closed and looks as though it may never open again. The spot where flip's was will be opening soon. THe new name is the Lobster Trap. Will be featureing steak and seafood. They will also be doing susi. The place looks great and should be opening soon. Caleb plans on still doing the music thing. The old KFC, which was called the BBQ House last year, has been taken over by chef Greg of the Restaurante Villa Portifino. Greg is planning on opening an upscale deli sandwich shop. The fish market on the pier, picked up a beer and wine license and installed a very nice bar area in front of the market.

billfish

Trabuco Canyon...
Level Contributor
1,066 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Edgewater closed.

Thanks billfish! Sounds like all great food/bar additions. I will miss the Pebbley beach drive to the Nickel. I loved the coast front drive. Hopefully since we will have a HC rental golf cart, we can go up around Wrigley rd. Still not quite sure why you can drive to HC in a golf cart among the falling rocks but not out to Pebbley!

Avalon Ca.
Level Contributor
28 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Edgewater closed.

If you want to go out to the Nickel, you can either drive over the top, or you can take the free shuttle. Good luck.

billfish

Incline Village...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Edgewater closed.

Just an FYI. There is a big difference between the slope above Wrigley Road and Pebbly Beach Road. The rocks rolling down the slope above Pebbly Beach Road have a greater tendency to project off into the road. Vehicles with full metal enclosures provide a much greater degree of safety than a fiberglass or plastic golf cart roof.

Incline Village...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Edgewater closed.

Sorry Moveto..

I didn't get the HC, I thought you were referring to Wrigley Rd.

OC
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Edgewater closed.

I hear the owners are going to open "The Edgewater" in August and it will be looking very nice...especially the 2 front ocean view suites. The Chamber of Commerce has the hotel listed.

Level Contributor
36,205 posts
907 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel Edgewater closed.

Thanks for the update! We were in Dana Point this past weekend and wanted to get over to Catalina but ran our of time. Hopefully next visit to the area we will get over there for a couple of nights. :)

9. Re: Hotel Edgewater closed.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2009, 12:20