We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Avalon Wedding

Which Avalon hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brentwood, Ca
1 post
Save Topic
Avalon Wedding

In November my fiance and I are going to have a private wedding ceremony in Avalon. We were wondering if anyone knew of a good place. I was thinking of a beach or a mountain or something. It is going to be a very short, relaxed ceemony.

Thankyou

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
3 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Avalon Wedding

Descanso Beach Club does weddings.

Los Angeles,CA
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Avalon Wedding

Try contacting the Chamber of Commerce, 310-510-1520. I read about a local couple in the local paper that were married at sunset on the beach at Little Harbor which is on the other side of the island, I know it's a campgound...Good Luck!

San Dimas
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Avalon Wedding

Since you dont have a specific sight in Avalon picked out for your wedding ceremonyyou might check out Banning House Lodge on the west side (the other, wild side) of the island. I worked there a few yeasrs ago and I loved it there. It has 11 rooms and you pretty much have the run of the place, very informal. They can cater up from the restaurant in Two Harbors or you can use their (limited) kitchen facilities if you or whoever is so inclined. The place has been somewhat renovated since I was there last so its sure to be even nicer than it was. (Please keep in mind that when I say nice I dont mean fancy I just mean nice, comfortable). If you can get it the 'Crows Nest' is cute with a little table on the landing where you can sit with your feet up on the railing and your chair tipped back and just ....sit. The rooms overlookng Cat Harbor are the newest, larger and more private I guess but in my opinion they just dont have quite the charm. When I was there we did quite a few weddings. Some elaborate and some not and some we just kind of threw together at the last minute for people who finally, suddenly decided to just do it. The staff there has a lot of room to be accomodating if they are so inclined. I wanted everyone who came there to have a special trip, wedding parties especially. I hope they still have a staff with heart and some imagination because its such a great place. Give it a look, if not for your wedding then for future reference (they even offer off-season mid-week stay-a-night-get-a-night-for-free deals!). Anyway, I hope my little rave gives you at least an idea for someday if not for THE day. Hope for a wedding day that is special but work for a marriage that is magic. I know this site has some reviews on the place and links too. Good luck

beepbeep1
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Avalon Wedding

check with Catalina island weddings. They should be able to help you. When we were married last year the Rev. was great and know all of the locations that were suitable. We choose Buena Vista Point.

Joy and Rodger Little

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
14,330 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Avalon Wedding

I got married at the Banning House Lodge in September 1991. I had 85 guests and the entire family and wedding party stayed at the lodge all weekend. It was incredible. If you would like more information, please feel free to email at marti_klotz@hotmail.com. We continue to go back to Two Harbors or Avalon each year to celebrate our anniversary.