We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Catalina Conundrum!

Which Avalon hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle
2 posts
Save Topic
Catalina Conundrum!

Help! I am attending a wedding and can only stay on the island for one night, May 13th. All the hotels that I contacted require a 2 day minimum stay, any suggestions?

If I have to resort to camping, could anyone let me know which camp site is the best in Hermit Gulch?

Thanks

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
30,067 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Catalina Conundrum!

Where is the wedding party staying? Ordinarily, the hotel that is hosting the wedding party should be willing to make accommodations for you as well.

Did you try the Zane Grey Pueblo

http://www.zanegreypueblohotel.com/

Their website makes no mention of a minimum 2-night stay.

Here are the reviews of the hotel on Trip Advisor:

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g29121-d1247…

Southern California
Level Contributor
998 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Catalina Conundrum!

The only way I was able to get a hotel for 1 night in Avalon was to wait until the Thursday before the weekend I wanted to go there. If the hotels have availability they will release the rooms for 1 night stays after that. This is a bit of a gamble but it worked for me.

Seattle
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Catalina Conundrum!

Thank you both for your advice.

The wedding party decided to rent a house, so no luck there. Zane Grey Pueblo was actually my first choice, but they also require the 2 day min on that weekend.

I contacted the Chamber of Commerce and their suggested hotels required the two day minimum. They also suggested waiting until the Monday before I leave and give them a call for the list of hotels to release one night reservations.

I guess I have to roll the dice…

Thanks again!