We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding in September

Upstate NY
1 post
Save Topic
Wedding in September

We are from NY and will be in Catalina the last week in Sept, mid- week, to get married & relax. Our wedding/honeymoon trip all in one. There is only the 2 of us. Looking at the Hotel Avalon for our 3 night stay. We need to get a license and an officiate. Can any one recommend one? We are in Long Beach the day before and hopefully will have enough time to get a license there. Supposedly there is a place on the Island to get one. Anyone know where? I though about booking in Hamilton Cove but the idea of having to cook/clean on my honeymoon doesn't do it for me. However for subsequent trips I think thats the way to go. Any suggestions for the above and for things to do would be great. We are an older couple 47/60 so barhopping and dancing on the tables is out. Been there!! Also where is the best place to see the sunset?

Thanks for any and all help!!

Pam

San Diego
Level Contributor
220 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Wedding in September

Pam I got this off of the Hotel Avolon's web site.

Catalina Island weddings are easy to arrange. The island is part of Los Angeles County, allowing most island visitors to have the fun and excitement of a destination wedding without the hassles of out-of-state legalities. For more information about getting married in Los Angeles, contact the Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder’s office.

Several wedding coordinators specialize in organizing island weddings at hotels in Avalon Catalina, allowing you to leave the details to someone else while you focus on the magic of your special day. We work closely with Cathy Rose Machado, Elizabeth Wenger and Ann Marshall.

Congratulations and good luck with your wedding.

2. Re: Wedding in September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2009, 00:16