We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sycamore Springs Resort

Which Avila Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Oro Valley
Level Contributor
52 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Sycamore Springs Resort

Does anyone know if they offer a day spa for those not staying at the resort?

Shell Beach...
Destination Expert
for Big Sur
Level Contributor
2,602 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sycamore Springs Resort

It's not clear from their website - you may want to give them a call: (800) 234-5831.

Oro Valley
Level Contributor
52 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sycamore Springs Resort

Thanks, I will do that. I looked at their site and couldn't find what I wanted to know.

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
19,680 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sycamore Springs Resort

Depends on what you mean by "day spa"?

If you're asking about soaking in their mineral springs hot tubs, then yes, they do have tubs available for non-guests. They charge $10 an hour per person (last I checked).

If you're looking for traditional spa services such as mud wraps, etc., I can't imagine that not being available to everyone. I'll try to look into it for you.

Level Contributor
34,455 posts
889 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sycamore Springs Resort

Yes, the day spa is open to the public and you may enjoy spa treatments if you are not a resort guest. We had dinner at the Gardens of Avila this past October and loved this property, it's really quaint and our meal was wonderful. We wanted to rent one of the hot tubs for an hour but our dinner went a bit longer than we had planned and we had a 3 hour drive ahead of us so we passed.

It would be very nice to linger around this place for awhile! :)

Ojai, California
Level Contributor
240 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sycamore Springs Resort

Yes to the day spa question. Do it! Rent a tub for an hour and book a massage or whatever. You will change into a robe and slippers they provide you with and go hang in your tub. Then your therapist will come to your tub to get you by knocking on the door to your tub area (they are all private and clothing optional - naked is the only way to soak).

We went last year and I had an awesome hour and a half long deep tissue massage after an hour's soak.

Yummy!

Oro Valley
Level Contributor
52 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sycamore Springs Resort

Thanks for all the great info. I am starting to relax already!

7. Re: Sycamore Springs Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2009, 18:17
Get answers to your questions about Avila Beach
Recent Conversations