We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Searching for the best Rooftop Bar in Aspen

2 posts
1 review
Searching for the best Rooftop Bar in Aspen

Hi all,

I am heading to Aspen over Christmas/New Years and I’m looking for a good rooftop bar to take my brother for his birthday in the afternoon (on New Years Eve). Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Any suggestion for a good New Years Eve party would be great too.

Thanks!

3 replies to this topic
Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
20,707 posts
449 reviews
1. Re: Searching for the best Rooftop Bar in Aspen

I like the rooftop lounge at the Dancing Bear just down from the Limelight. Just high enough, really nice chairs. I've been there frequently for private parties but I'm pretty sure it's open to the public.

Have fun.

Colorado
Level Contributor
2,536 posts
142 reviews
2. Re: Searching for the best Rooftop Bar in Aspen

Check out Shlomo's as well. A little less formal but fun and easier on the wallet. Right at the base of Aspen Mtn.

Also check out the Aspen Art Museum, they have a great roof with beer and wine but it is not a big party scene.

If you are looking for something crazy, end your ski day at Cloud Nine at Highlands for their daily debauchery. Not a roof but on the mountain.

1 post
3. Re: Searching for the best Rooftop Bar in Aspen

Aspen Kitchen has a great bar with an outdoor patio and views of Aspen Mountain. Ajax Tavern has a great patio at the base of the mountain, while not a rooftop, still worth a visit. Everyone in town will have something going on for New Year's Eve. The Little Nell always has large parties. But you really can't go wrong. Make reservations in advance!

Reply to: Searching for the best Rooftop Bar in Aspen
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted