We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bus or shuttle to Denver Airport from Aspen/Snowmass?

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Venice, Siesta Key
Level Contributor
10,649 posts
159 reviews
Save Topic
bus or shuttle to Denver Airport from Aspen/Snowmass?

Hi.

My husband will ge going to Snowmass to see a friend in July and was wondering if there is a shuttle or bus from Denver Airport to Aspen/Snowmass. Thanks in advance...

~SRQgirl

Glenwood Springs...
Level Contributor
473 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bus or shuttle to Denver Airport from Aspen/Snowmass?

About the only option is CME. Here is their website for cost www.cmex.com

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,649 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bus or shuttle to Denver Airport from Aspen/Snowmass?

Thanks so much for your reply!

~SRQgirl

Glenwood Springs...
Level Contributor
473 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bus or shuttle to Denver Airport from Aspen/Snowmass?

After thinking about it, there are a couple of other options, depending on how much time he has and how much hassle he is willing to deal with.

He could do the greyhound bus from Denver to Glenwood and then take the local RFTA bus from Glenwood to Aspen. He could also take the AMTrack train from Denver to Glenwood Springs and then RFTA to Aspen. CME is about $77 from Denver to Glenwood Springs, so it might also be an option to rent a car.

The transportation options are so few and such a hassle, I usually just drive to Denver to pick my guest up. It's easier for all of us that way.

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,649 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: bus or shuttle to Denver Airport from Aspen/Snowmass?

You are probably right. He'll probably get picked up at the airport. Since he and his friend are going on a jeep road trip anyway, they wcan start around Boulder/Estes Park/Rocky Mountain and work their way back to Snowmass area. (His friend really hasn't explored all the great smaller places around the state.)

When I hear/read about the development in your area, it reminds me of Florida. Glenwood was the "springs" and still had a western town feel. As I posted to someone this morning, I remember when Aspen had a hardware store on the main street and other local shops before Gucci and other chains came to town.

(Should have bought property in Basalt in the 80s!)

~SRQgirl

5. Re: bus or shuttle to Denver Airport from Aspen/Snowmass?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2009, 15:21