We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel for around $250

Which Aspen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Minneapolis, MN
5 posts
Save Topic
Hotel for around $250

Hello all, my wife and I are already itching to go skiing in Aspen in early February during the value season. Any recommendations for hotels around $250 ($300 max) in Aspen? We would love to be close to the slopes, but not a necessity. Thank you all in advance!!

Littleton, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,846 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel for around $250

Look into Mountain Chalet Aspen (http://www.mountainchaletaspen.com/) We've stayed there in the summer and just loved it! I'm not sure what the winter rates are, but they're bound to be a good value compared to the other options in town. The location is very, very good, the facilities are simple, but clean and the amenities are great, including a hot breakfast, laundry, weight room and nice common areas. Not too early to reserve now, if it appeals to you.

Aspen, CO
Level Contributor
980 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel for around $250

You can shop rates on www.stayaspensnowmass.com for Mountain Chalet and all other properties in Aspen. If you find a few that fit the bill price-wise please post again if you like and we can all help you figure out which are a good value.

Minneapolis, MN
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel for around $250

I found the Annabelle Inn and the Durant may fit my price range. How are those in terms of location and value?

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,070 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel for around $250

Another idea is vrbo.com. Can be hit-or-miss but I've had some very nice places over the years. It's not without its downside so beware and ask questions.

Aspen, CO
Level Contributor
980 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel for around $250

The Annabelle and the Durant are both very similar in that they are small B&B style hotels. Annabelle was built about 3 years ago so it's a little more new than Durant, but I definitely don't think you can go wrong with either.

Both offer a breakfast, and I know Durant's is a continental but not sure what Annabelle's consists of. Durant also does a wine and cheese apres ski a few days of the week and I don't think Annabelle does.

The main difference to me is the location. Annabelle is right on main street so further away from Aspen Mountain whereas the Durant (on Durant street) is much closer to the mountain. It's very close to lift 1A and a very short walk to the Gondola.

If you choose Annabelle I'd talk to them about a room on the backside of the property as main street is really quite noisy. If you go with Durant it will be much more quiet, but all the city buses make the right turn at Aspen St. at the Durant St. intersection which I believe borders one side of the hotel, so I'd want to stay opposite that if possible. Still won't be as loud as Main St. though.

6. Re: Hotel for around $250

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2009, 08:18