We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Year's Eve

Which Aspen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York, New York
Level Contributor
7 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
New Year's Eve

Any suggestions?

We'll be a group of about 10... mid to late twenties from nyc. We're looking for a lounge/club similar to what one would find here. Not exactly looking for a mega club, but a fun lounge where there will be dancing, etc. and we could maybe get a table. I tried to do searches, but it seems really difficult to get a feel for the places and I don't know any locals to ask!

I'm finding a ton of bars/restaurants I would like to go to on other nights, but looking for something more for new year's eve. My online search resulted in Club Chelsea, Lava Room (which I think closed and is going to be Fly Lounge ?), Bar Aspen...

In ny, they usually sell tickets per person or per table in advance for New Years. I'm not sure if its the same kind of situation or not.

Will be grateful for any help! Thanks!

Aspen, CO
Level Contributor
980 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Year's Eve

There is plenty you can do. Eric's/Cigar Bar (limited if any dance space), Club Chelsea, Lava is now going to be Fly Lounge (yes to bottle/table service), Bar Aspen is changing to Regal Watering Hole (also yes on bottle/table service), and plenty of restaurants stay open late with a bar scene that will be flourishing on New Year's Eve, but less likely on dancing. Belly Up will have someone for live music.

I'd check www.aspentimes.com on a pretty frequent basis, and daily once the resort opens on Thanksgiving for the latest. There is a feature where you can actually flip the pages and read that day's paper including the ads when you click on it. As soon as advance tickets and pricing for clubs and restaurants is available you'll find it in the ads sections.

New York, New York
Level Contributor
7 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Year's Eve

Thanks so much! That was very helpful. If we do decide to go the table service route... is there a difference between Fly Lounge and Regal Watering Hole or pretty much the same thing?

Also, we're definitely looking forward to checking out some of the restaurants the other nights. I'm sure we will not have a chance to go to all the ones that sound good! Any that are a must-try?

Aspen, CO
Level Contributor
980 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Year's Eve

Neither Fly Lounge or Regal are open yet, both are new this season. I haven't seen a playlist or DJ lineup for them. Fly Lounge has a website www.flyloungeaspen.com with a fair amount of info. Regal has www.regalaspen.com but it's still completely under development so nothing worthwhile to see.

For restaurants if you click my name you can see previous postings with my faves, and if you click the Aspen board you can see the favorites of many of the other people who have a lot of experience with Aspen.

New York, New York
Level Contributor
7 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Year's Eve

Ok, great. Thanks again!

Living In Glenwood
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New Year's Eve

ZZ Top is at The Belly up on New Years eve.

6. Re: New Year's Eve

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2009, 00:16