We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best of Family oriented hotel/s?

california
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Best of Family oriented hotel/s?

There are many threads spread out acorss this forum, so thought I would simplify it and have a new one going for those interested in going for the first time or looking to change hotels. From what I have found, the top three hotels are:

Hearthstone

Inn at Aspen

Lenado

Anything to change/add?

I myself as mentioned in another topic thread am going with the family and am looking at more than just the slopes. These hotels seem to have the most amenities - such as breakfast, pools, jacuzzis, and location near town. Any other recomendations or ones you would prefer out of these three if these are the top three in your opinions? Am looking into going during mid December. This isnt an elegant hotel post, rather an all out family oriented one.

THanks again for the help.

Aspen, CO
Level Contributor
980 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best of Family oriented hotel/s?

Ummmm....will probably have to disagree.

All of these hotels have benefits and drawbacks, but since you said your list is ranked highest for family friendly and not so much for elegance, I'll start at the top:

1. Families can stay anywhere, but all are hotels. If you are traveling with small children a cooking facility found at a condominium might be very appealing, and that would take all of these off the list.

2. Since you've ranked them according to proximity to town, I'd remove Inn at Aspen as it's isn't in a town at all. It's at the base of Buttermilk Mountain. Lenado and Hearthstone are in Aspen, but there is all of Snowmass to consider.

3. Neither Lenado or Hearthstone have a pool. Both have hot tubs. Both are very nice, romantic setting, and a touch more upscale. While I wouldn't rule it out for families, it's just not the kind of place kids are welcome to run around in.

I'd go with the following:

Aspen Condo- Gant, Fasching Haus, other Resort Quest or Frias if they have a pool.

Aspen Hotel- Lower price: Mountain Chalet Moderate Price: Molly Gibson Higher price: St. Regis

Snowmass Condo- Crestwood, Timberline, Top of the Village, several of Snowmass Lodging Company's properties

Snowmass Hotel- Higher price: Silvertree, Moderate price: Stonebridge Inn, Mountain Chalet Lower price: Wildwood

california
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best of Family oriented hotel/s?

thanks for the reply. I have never been, just compiled a list from reading this forum and what most are saying with regards to bringing family.

3. Re: Best of Family oriented hotel/s?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2009, 05:27