We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aspen restaurants

las vegas
Level Contributor
485 posts
Save Topic
Aspen restaurants

Anyone have any opinions about the following?:

Gusto

Asie

DishAspen

Brunalleschi's Dome

Su Casa

Zocalito Bistro

Social

Explore Bookstore

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,070 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Aspen restaurants

If not already you should look at the TA Aspen restaurant reviews at tripadvisor.com/Restaurants-g29141-Aspen_Col… Most are listed.

I've been to Aspen thrice in the past two years and the only place I recognize on your list is Su Casa. However, I can't recall much. Maybe too may margaritas.

Do an TA Aspen search and you'll find lots of info and reviews on places to eat. You may go poor but you won't go hungry for good eats in Aspen.

Aspen, CO
Level Contributor
980 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aspen restaurants

Just look in the Aspen forum...there was a post very recently that covered most of these restaurants in a great amount of detail. Enjoy!

las vegas
Level Contributor
485 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Aspen restaurants

Jennifer-

Thanks. I think you're probably referring to the "bad meal" thread. I looked at that and saw that you mentioned Su Casa, Zocalito, and Asie. (Someone else mentioned that they *hadn't* been to Dish.) Have you tried any of the others on my list?

Aspen, CO
Level Contributor
980 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aspen restaurants

I have been to Dish a number of times and think it's good. I do like Bruno's pizza as well and the very thin crust pizza, but someone from the big city might find it over priced for pizza, but that's resort town pricing.

Su Casa is good but pretty standard Mexican, but I think their margs leave a little bit to be desired. Zocalito is more of a pan-Latin restaurant so would be a nice venture away from standard Mexican if you want Caribbean, Spanish, Mexican, and South American all in one place. Very good cocktails from across those regions as well.

Social is fun with a group as it's all small plates. The lounge upstairs is a good bar scene late into the evening with food available late.

Explore is excellent. I think it's great whether or not you're a vegetarian, but especially if you are.

las vegas
Level Contributor
485 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Aspen restaurants

Thanks, Jennifer. That's great advice -- just what I was hoping for. And by the way, I am a vegetarian, but most of the rest of the group is not, so I was hoping I'd get a favorable review of Explore.

6. Re: Aspen restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2009, 15:17