We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Average price ski boots aspen

ENGLAND
Level Contributor
11 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Average price ski boots aspen

Second visit to Aspen and this year we are buying ski boots. We would like to buy when we get there so we can try them out etc but have heard horror stories about the price of boots in Aspen. Is there really that much difference?? Would anyone know an average price for an average boot, obviously i know they will vary depending on make . Also where would you recommend to buy from.

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,070 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Average price ski boots aspen

Every where you turn in Aspen you'll bump into a ski, board, and boot store but I thought the customer service at Durrance and Pomeroy was tops.

As far as an average cost my guess would be close to $600. Some of the high end race type boots can run over $1K but probably more than you're looking for.

Visit the websites that follow, contact them and maybe you'll get a direct answer. BTW if your serious about buying I'd make an appointment in advance, esp at Durrance.

http://durrancesports.com/

http://www.pomeroysports.com/

Aspen, CO
Level Contributor
980 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Average price ski boots aspen

No, prices are not a horror show here. In fact, I think the prices are kept competitive by virtue of the number of stores. I agree that Durrance is one of the best, and I have Steve do all of my boot fitting there. You will need an appointment.

You don't mention your ability level, but prices go up depending on how technical your boot is and the level of orthotics and other custom fitting you need. For a beginner or lower intermediate prices are quite low, experts will pay more.

ENGLAND
Level Contributor
11 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Average price ski boots aspen

Thanks for the advice, we will definitely book in advance. In answer to your question we are beginners and just mastering green runs. One recommendation was for 'bootech' do you think they would be as good/better than Durrance, or not necessary at our level????

Aspen, CO
Level Contributor
980 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Average price ski boots aspen

I have to say I have never heard of "bootech." If you're a green skier and plan on continuing with the sport I would not recommend buying boots at this point unless you have serious foot problems that dictate a very customized fit- this would be pretty unusual.

If you buy now and continue skiing you'll just outgrow the technical ability level of that boot and want something more advanced sooner rather than later and have wasted your money. If you go for the more advanced boot now thinking you'll plan long range, you'll be more likely to end up miserable because the boot will be far too stiff and unforgiving for you now.

I have a suggestion- normally rental shop boots are just "okay" because they have to fit the masses, but the Four Mountain Sports shops have a new initiative that has just launched with all of their rental boots now probably the best in the industry. It's top of line equipment but without "overbooting" the client which was a top concern of the ski pros. Shop locations and information is here: aspensnowmass.com/onmountain/…dandesports.cfm

5. Re: Average price ski boots aspen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2009, 13:17