We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need a single bed near base of Highlands, B&B or other?

Which Aspen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Upstate NY, USA
Level Contributor
1,705 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Need a single bed near base of Highlands, B&B or other?

I have some friends staying at the Ritz Carlton and I am looking for my own place to crash. Just need a place to hang my hat with easy transport to and from the Ritz and the base of The Highlands. I'll be staying alone and can handle "rustic" if there is such a thing in Aspen. I have skied for 30 years and never been out West and don't want to miss out on this opportunity. I may be able to stay 5 out of 7 nights at the Ritz, but I also wants some options. Thanks in advance, Seamuis.

Aspen, CO
Level Contributor
980 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need a single bed near base of Highlands, B&B or other?

Unfortunatley there is no other lodging at the base of Highlands other than the Ritz. You can definitely find something that will work in town of Aspen, which is then a very easy shuttle to the base of Highlands. More likely, other than when skiing Highlands itself, your friends will probably shuttle into Aspen to see you.

You can look at www.stayaspensnowmass.com for the overall picture, but St. Mortiz Lodge comes to mind for a very inexpensive option as they offer shared hostel rooms, private rooms w/shared bath, hotel rooms with kitchenette, or condo rooms. For the next price area up from that would be something like Mountain Chalet, Aspen Mountain Lodge, Hotel Aspen, or perhaps Molly Gibson. Check out the site and I'm sure you'll find something.

Upstate NY, USA
Level Contributor
1,705 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need a single bed near base of Highlands, B&B or other?

Thanks Jennifer.. Merry Christmas! Seamuis

3. Re: Need a single bed near base of Highlands, B&B or other?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2009, 13:18