We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

October weather in Aspen

Banchory, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
October weather in Aspen

We are looking to spend a coupleof days in Aspen in the last week of October, but wonder what the weather is likely to be at that time? Don't mind chilly, but not keen on rain, mist, and no views to be seen!

Littleton, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,847 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: October weather in Aspen

Hi Jay - There's no clear weather patterns for anywhere in Colorado, so you'll never be able to get absolute certainty that one time of year is good or bad The weather can change drastically in short period of time in Colorado, but luckily, it is generally a sunnier and drier area, so you may have fabulously clear and warm weather. Or you may have a blizzard - not out of the question in October in the mountains! If you're staying elsewhere in Colorado like Denver and you have some flexibility, then look at the forecast for Aspen when you're here and travel accordingly, keeping in mind the weather in Denver is often completely different than in mountains.

Here's a webpage with month-by-month statistics on the weather in Aspen:

www.weatherbase.com/weather/weather.php3…

Freeport, Illinois
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: October weather in Aspen

I'd say there's a good chance you will experience snow. Our timeshare week is the 3rd week in September and last year it snowed one night while we were there.

Aspen
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: October weather in Aspen

Jay - weather in Aspen the last week in October will be chilly. Possible chance of snow. Otherwise should be clear, rain and mist not likely. Bring heavy jacket for evening. Halloween is wild in Aspen, otherwise end of October is off-season, so not many tourists town.

Banchory, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: October weather in Aspen

Thanks for all the help, folks! - we have now booked, will take your advice and pack warm clothes and sensible shoes, and are really looking forward to the trip. All the best! Jay.

Banchory, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: October weather in Aspen

Just back from our trip to the States, which included 2 nights in Aspen and 2 in Boulder. Weather was brilliant throughout - chilly at night, especially in Aspen, where there was some frost, but really warm during the daytime, with clear blue skies and great views. We had a particularly magical day at the Maroon Bells, walking some trails, not a cloud in the sky, and several blue jays accompanying us along the path.

Thanks to all who gave advice - have a great Thanksgiving!

Quebec
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: October weather in Aspen

Hi,

I am planning to take a trip to Aspen in the last week of October so that'll actually go into the first week of November. Is there any chance that we might get a chance to ski while down there during this time? I've never been there myself so I'm not very sure.

Thanks guys.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
21,166 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: October weather in Aspen

Usually Colorado ski areas open in late November/early December depending on snow. I think Aspen has their dates set for around Thanksgiving. You may be able to ski at A-Basin or Loveland earlier than that. I have not skied in Colorado in many years and remember November as iffy, rocky skiing most of the time.

Quebec
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: October weather in Aspen

Oh, I see... thanks for the heads up. I guess I'll just have to find some other activities while in Aspen. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

Aspen, CO
Level Contributor
980 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: October weather in Aspen

If we get a great deal of October snow we've opened for Halloween in the past, but it's really just for fun for that day. Usually just one or two runs are open then its closed the next day. There just aren't enough tourists/school holidays in the mountain towns in late October/early November to justify opening the resort officially no matter how plentiful the snow.

That being said, October is one of my favorite times of the year. If you enjoy a good night out on the town the Aspen Halloween (the Halloween for big kids that is) is not to be missed. Bars are packed, costumes are fantastic and hysterical, and parties abound.

10. Re: October weather in Aspen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2009, 17:16