We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Memorial Day Weekend Wedding

Chicago
1 post
Save Topic
Memorial Day Weekend Wedding

Hello,

I'm getting married in Apen (Aspen Meadows Resort) May 23rd of this year. I'm having people fly in from all over the counrty and am really worried that many shops and restaurants won't be open. I'm also getting married outdoors and hoping that I'm not being too unrealistic thinking it will be sunny and cool. Any advice on restaurants, activities and weather would be very much appreciated!!!!

Aspen, CO
Level Contributor
980 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Memorial Day Weekend Wedding

It's correct, some shops and restaurants won't be open. Things do pick up on Memorial Day weekend, but they really get rolling in the first week or two of June with Food & Wine. Since you're only here for a long weekend, though, you will be fine with plenty to do.

For most of your requests such as restaurants and activities, it would be best if you reach out to either your conference service manager at the Meadows or their concierge as they can do all of this leg work for you. Have a list made for your guests' arrival that lists which restaurants are open and if they're doing good prix fixe menus, and also recommended activities. For the money you are spending on your wedding the hotel would be happy to fulfill their role in servicing your guests.

On weather, I'm not trying to be flippant, but I won't be able to reassure you...it's Colorado and anything really is possible. I would just make sure you have an inclement weather back up planned and then you've done all you can. The location is absolutely beautiful weather it's sunny or snowing.

2. Re: Memorial Day Weekend Wedding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2009, 00:17