We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant suggestions

England
Level Contributor
26 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant suggestions

We are a group of 6 (late 20s to mid 30s) and are coming to Aspen for the first time in mid February. I've read that restaurants can get busy so we'd like to make some reservations before we arrive.

We are not looking for anywhere too upscale (some people are on more of a budget than others) but we would like:

- a good place for steak/burgers

- a pizza place

- ideally Mexcian

- any other local recommendations!

Any suggestions would be welcome. I have read the forum but wasn't sure if the places recommended to other posters were more suitable for a quiet dinner for 2 than dinner with a group of friends.

Many thanks!

Sonia

Mentioned in this post
Aspen
Aspen
Colorado
Wichita, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Wichita, Kansas
Level Contributor
4,091 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant suggestions

> > - a good place for steak/burgers

Boogies; good meat loaf, great open face hot turkey sandwich plate and gigantic thick milkshakes

aspenactivities.com/aspenmenuguide/boogies.h…

Cheap burger, curly fries, onion rings and beer at Cooper Street Pier

> > - ideally Mexcian

Su Casa

aspenactivities.com/aspenmenuguide/sucasa.ht…

La Cantina

aspenactivities.com/aspenmenuguide/lacantina…

click on the bottom of the menu's for map and directions

Restaurant Menu Guide

www.aspenactivities.com/aspenmenuguide/

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,070 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant suggestions

Boogies has the ambience of ChuckE. Cheese . . .

here's the list to help --http://www.eataspen.com/

Aspen, CO
Level Contributor
980 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant suggestions

Agree with Luv2Ski on Boogie's...definitely not what I'd recommend to fit the bill for "good steaks/burgers." Much more of a place for kids. For that at a moderate price tag I'd recommend Steak Pit.

For all others, I would always try to do the bar menu. Most of the Aspen restaurants are famous for bar menus that are just slightly smaller portions at much smaller prices and it's where all the locals go. It might be a bit tricky for a party of 6 since the bar tables aren't on reservation basis, but if you can go a bit earlier or later than usual you'd have no problem getting everyone seated. My favorite bar menus are the new Ute City, Gisella, Cache Cache, and Jimmy's. Rustique, Social, and Elevation are good too.

Mentioned in this post
Cache Cache
Cache Cache
257 Reviews
Aspen, CO
Jimmy's
Jimmy's
529 Reviews
Aspen, CO
Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,070 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant suggestions

For casual dining try Little Annie's and Cantina Mexican for decent food and fun atmosphere at times. Also good margaritas.

5. Re: Restaurant suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 July 2010, 07:16