We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hiking in April

Which Aspen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Denmark
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hiking in April

Ill be in Aspen from the 4th - 11th and was wondering if it is possible to do any hiking at that time?

If yes, what trails are recommended?

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
650 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hiking in April

I will be there the 10-14th and would also like to know this information.

Ouray, Colorado
Level Contributor
629 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hiking in April

That sure sounds early. I am not an Aspen hiking expert but I would imagine that if you were willing to drive and lower yourself in elevation towards Carbondale and Glenwood Springs, there will be some great hiking on south and west facing hills that are not covered in too many trees.

I would check with the visitor centers in Glenwood and Carbondale. Of course, it depends on the weather... April brings with it a mix of incredibly warm days and some very snowy days too.

Aspen, CO
Level Contributor
980 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hiking in April

You can hike around here then, and shorter trails such as Sunnyside and Smuggler will be fairly dry, though it certainly can snow and that will change the game. You could also do Hunter Creek, but it might be wet/snowy in spots. You can always uphill on the ski mountains - Aspen, Snowmass, and Buttermilk will all be closed (Buttermilk already by then, AM and SM by end of the day on the 10th.) if you use stabilizers.

4. Re: Hiking in April

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 07:16