We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

are the ritz condos too far from town?

washington,dc
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
are the ritz condos too far from town?

Looking for feedback on whether the ritz condos are far from town and would be a pain to drive all the time. also considering staying at the gant condos.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
61 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: are the ritz condos too far from town?

The Ritz condo's are at the Aspen Highlands ski area, which is a few miles from downtown aspen. There is bus service back and forth, which is pretty easy and quick. But you will definelty be heading to Aspen for restaurants, nightlife, shopping, etc. It's nice out at Highlands, but a little on the quiet side. If you are going to ski at the 3 other mountains, you will either be driving, taking the bus or maybe the ritz has a shuttle. I grew up in Aspen and actually worked at the Gant in the summers during college. I even stayed there a few years ago during my sister's wedding while my parents house was too busy to fit my family of 6. It's a great place, good location, units are nice, not too fancy but very comfortable. The have a shuttle to take you to Aspen Mountain or the buses to the other mountains. You can easily walk back and forth to town.

Falls Church...
Level Contributor
5 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: are the ritz condos too far from town?

Hi...I really enjoy being able to walk to restaurants and nightlife and would not enjoy being at the Ritz as it is a few miles out of town. I am in Aspen now (2/4/05) and have LOVED staying in town. It seems like it might be a hassle to park if you're driving in from the Highlands...and then, if you drink, you have to worry about driving. The town of Aspen seems to be geared to the adult lifestyle and this is why I love it. It is not loud or boisterous like Breck or even Vail and most families with young children seem to stay at Snowmass. People seem fairly respectful and sophisticated. The town has the best restaurants of any ski town I have visited (See my restaurant reviews under the forums board US, colorado). I have been here for 2 weeks, and it is my favorite ski town ever! There is a taxi service in town if you don't want to drive.

I don't know anything about the property in Aspen that you mentioned...sorry can't comment on that. I think that the town books up in Feb. so it will probably be difficult to get a reservation for a nice property at this date. Good luck!

Evanston, IL
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: are the ritz condos too far from town?

The Gant is a complex that gets quite a few ski clubs due to the reasonable rates. That means lots of boisterous action around the hot tub and in the hallways late at night. Not a problem if you are one of the boisterous but a big problem if you want to sleep!

Also, I found I could hear water from baths and showers from nearby rooms almost all of the time.

washington,dc
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: are the ritz condos too far from town?

do you think groups will be a problem in the summer? WE are planning to go during the summer months during the music festival. thanks