We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aspen Saturday Itinerary in June

Louisiana
Level Contributor
77 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Aspen Saturday Itinerary in June

Will be spendinga Saturday in Aspen in late June. Planning to take bus to Maroon Bells, Silver Queen gondola, farmer's market, John Denver Sanctuary. Should I go directly to Aspen Highlands Ski area for the MB bus and then drive to downtown Aspen? Or should I park at Ruby Park Transporation Center and take the bus to the Aspen Highlands Ski area for the Maroon Bells bus tour first? Then after returning, ride gondola and walk to farmer's market, JD Sanctuary, and shops in downtown Aspen? Is this itinerary OK? Any suggestions or ideas are welcome.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
266 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aspen Saturday Itinerary in June

The Aspen Saturday market is a morning thing, so I would do that first. After that you could do either the gondola or out to Maroon Bells. There is no particular time constraints for the John Denver memorial, so maybe that is best done at the end of the day.

I'm not sure whether bus from Ruby Park or bus from Highlands is better for your time contraints.

Aspen, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,334 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Aspen Saturday Itinerary in June

Go to market in the morning and get food for lunch at Bells area. Park free at Highlands or take bus from Rubey Park. Some good info at:

stayaspensnowmass.com/activities/visit-maroo…

Aspen, Colorado
Level Contributor
43 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Aspen Saturday Itinerary in June

Sounds like you have wonderful Saturday planned! You've mentioned some of my favorite Aspen activities. I would actually start the day by going out to Maroon Bells. There are so many trails out there that you could start your day with a beautiful hike. Then return to town and browse the farmers market around lunch time taking advantage of the cute little food court. If you're feeling sore, you can even get a quick chair massage! You'll probably spend at least 2 hours including travel at Maroon Bells and perhaps an hour to an hour and a half at the Farmers Market. Give your feet a break after lunch and take the Gondola to the top of the mountain. After the gondola ride, walk around town, indulge yourself with a beverage and end your day touring theJohn Denver Memorial.

As for parking in town vs Highlands - it might be easier and save a little bit of time to park at Highlands.

Have fun!

4. Re: Aspen Saturday Itinerary in June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 02:17