We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Internship at St. Regis Aspen Colorado

Which Aspen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mackinac Island...
3 posts
Save Topic
Internship at St. Regis Aspen Colorado

Hi me and my friends where wondering if we could find a cheap housing where there would be 3 or 4 rooms. We are around 10-12 in numbers and we all wanted to stay together so we were wondering if this could be possible. And it would be really nice if it was somewhere in the middle of St. Regis and Westin Snowmass, because some of my friends are going to be working at westin. Anyone? I would really appreciate someone's help :)

And an additional question is, would there be any transportation going to this resorts if we find this type of housing? Thanks guys!

Aspen, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,282 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Internship at St. Regis Aspen Colorado

Have your friends who are working at Westin asked Westin about housing? That's where you should start.

re: transport, yes the bus system is good.

http://www.rfta.com/

Mackinac Island...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Internship at St. Regis Aspen Colorado

They told us to look for our own housing. And we are having a hard time looking for one. The fact that we are only trainee's we can't afford the housings that we see online.

Vail, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Vail
Level Contributor
1,331 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Internship at St. Regis Aspen Colorado

If Human Resources has no employee housing available you are going to have a very hard time finding an affordable place in the area, nothing is cheap. Your best option would be to split up and accept any employee housing that the hotel can offer. Check with craigslist for the High Rockies area and the Aspen Times, look everywhere from Aspen, Snowmass, Basalt, Carbondale to Glenwood Springs. You will have difficulties finding a landlord who wants to rent a place to that many people.

Aspen, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,282 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Internship at St. Regis Aspen Colorado

Try this

aspenhousingoffice.com/sitepages/pid153.php

Also read the e-edition of the Aspen Times --further down front page-- and see if anything shows up in the rental section.

http://www.aspentimes.com/

You may have look further down valley in Basalt, or El Jebel. Surprised no employee housing is available regardless of trainee or not. Is this in preparation for a winter season position?

Fruita, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Fruita, Grand Junction
Level Contributor
6,281 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Internship at St. Regis Aspen Colorado

Be careful with Craigslist. Lots of scammers use that to list properties that aren't theirs. You give them lots of your personal info (social security #s, credit info, bank accts, etc.) and they use that to steal your identity.

http://www.craigslist.org/about/scams

Aspen, CO
Level Contributor
980 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Internship at St. Regis Aspen Colorado

Housing office and newspaper as mentioned above will be the best way to go. You will likely have to split up as well. The Truscott and Burlingame areas will be the most between your two hotels in terms of location while still being closer to Aspen. Sometimes companies such as Aspen Skiing Company won't fill all of their housing and will rent out to non employees. The Commons area in Snowmass is one such place that often has other employees renting space. Check www.aspensnowmass.com website under the human resources area and perhaps call to get contact info for their property management department.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
12,724 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Internship at St. Regis Aspen Colorado

I have used CL often, with good luck, though I'd never give the type of info that SusieLou mentioned. Best to always talk to the person. Not just email!

Mackinac Island...
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Internship at St. Regis Aspen Colorado

Yes we are going on a winter training program. And thank you guys for the information that you gave me. It is very much appreciated by me and my friends. And if you have any other recommendations please do :)

9. Re: Internship at St. Regis Aspen Colorado

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 August 2013, 10:17