We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food & Wine festival June 2013. Help!! :)

Which Aspen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ft Lauderdale, FL
Level Contributor
42 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Food & Wine festival June 2013. Help!! :)

I want to go to the festival this year. I typically go to the one in south beach here in South FL and we love it! We just started planning and I know it's very late. The Limelight Hotel is sold out. Any other suggestions for hotels that are reasonable but nice 3 stars+? How easy is it to travel to and from Snowmass? Taxi? I wouldn't want to drive (parking, drinking, traffic, etc.)

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
17,495 posts
403 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Food & Wine festival June 2013. Help!! :)

It would not be very convenient to commute from Snowmass, albeit possible. Try Aspen Square. Too bad, Limelight is very nice with the renovations of a few years ago. Aspen Square is family owned and operated, older but similarly conveniently located downtown.

Aspen, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,255 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Food & Wine festival June 2013. Help!! :)

Presume you already have tickets? Looks like only limited show venues are still open. General tickets sold out long ago. Info at

stayaspensnowmass.com/events/food-wine-class…

Midwest USA
Level Contributor
58 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Food & Wine festival June 2013. Help!! :)

I actually have prepaid reservations at the Limelight Hotel (4 nights, from Thursday, June 13th thru Monday, June 17th) and have decided to stay at the Hotel Durant instead. Unfortunately, I have to leave on Sunday and cannot stay over until Monday; the Limelight has a 4-night stay minimum.

If you still need to find a hotel, can stay the 4-nights, and interested in staying at the Limelight; please let me know.

Midwest USA
Level Contributor
58 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Food & Wine festival June 2013. Help!! :)

Can you tell me exactly where the main seminars and events will take place? I can only find very sketchy descriptions of the location. I believe that the Grand Tastings are in Wagner Park; but when I see that the other events will be held "at the base of Aspen Mountain", it's kind of confusing to an event newbie like me.We'll be staying at the Hotel Durant and I assume that most of the events are within walking distance from our hotel.

Aspen, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,255 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Food & Wine festival June 2013. Help!! :)

http://www.foodandwine.com/classic/schedule

Complete schedule and venue sites

foodandwine.com/promo/…Matrix_2013.pdf

Everything is within walking distance accept maybe the Aspen Art Museum. Enjoy. You'll have fun.

Aspen, Colorado
Level Contributor
42 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Food & Wine festival June 2013. Help!! :)

There is availability at the Aspen Meadows Resort. It is a 98 room (all suite) hotel. They are on the west-end of town, but there is a FREE shuttle to/from town every half hour and they have free parking on property. Plus they have bike rentals as well.

7. Re: Food & Wine festival June 2013. Help!! :)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 14 May 2013, 22:06
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
7 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Food & Wine festival June 2013. Help!! :)

This may be too late, but I am staying in Snowmass Village. There is an extensive bus system to move skiers from Aspen to Snowmass and back. Additionally, there is a village shuttle that goes between them. I plan to check with the TI when I pick up my passes on Thursday.

9. Re: Food & Wine festival June 2013. Help!! :)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 June 2014, 05:15