We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aspen Thanksgiving Dinner 2013

Which Aspen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Aspen Thanksgiving Dinner 2013

We are coming to stay in Aspen for Thanksgiving and are looking for a good place for a Thanksgiving dinner. We would love to find something traditional and not too expensive, under $50 per person. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

Aspen, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,287 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Aspen Thanksgiving Dinner 2013

First thought was Chef's Club at St. Regis then $50 won't cover the tip. Annie's was always a fav on T-day but after 40+ years they're closing. Ajax Tavern traditionally has a good special that day and for sure the Hickory House on Main Street, both below your budget. Prob others like Big Wrap for way less than $50 but good anyday. Surely more but drawing a blank.

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aspen Thanksgiving Dinner 2013

Great suggestions! Thank you.

Orlando
Level Contributor
375 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aspen Thanksgiving Dinner 2013

We'll be in Aspen over Thanksgiving this year also, and we have reservations at Jimmy's. Per our concierge, they'll be offering a prix fixe Thanksgiving dinner for $32 pp or you can order from their regular menu. Here are the other places our concierge heard from, but they are above your stated budget:

Chef’s Club @ The St. Regis – 4 courses Thanksgiving Prix Fixe, $875 per person (typo much??my guess is it's $75 lol)

Element 47 @ The Little Nell - 3 courses Thanksgiving Prix Fixe, $95 per person

Jimmy’s – pre-fixe $32 per person or regular menu reservations starting @ 3pm

Prospect @ The Hotel Jerome – Thanksgiving buffet from 4pm – 8pm, $95/adults, $35/kids 10 and under, Free for 3 years and under

Edited: 21 October 2013, 15:24
Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aspen Thanksgiving Dinner 2013

Thanks for the suggestions! I hope you enjoy Thanksgiving in Aspen, too!

Grand Junction...
Level Contributor
89 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Aspen Thanksgiving Dinner 2013

If you want a nice drive and great Thanksgiving meal, make a reservation at the Redstone Inn for dinner. They have several different seatings and do an excellent job

Orlando
Level Contributor
375 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Aspen Thanksgiving Dinner 2013

Here's a list of places that offered Thanksgiving dinners last year. Hopefully eatAspen will post a new list for 2013 in the upcoming weeks:

http://www.eataspen.com/blog/?p=6606

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,633 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Aspen Thanksgiving Dinner 2013

Hickory House traditionally hosts a free Turkey Day dinner. Hard to get cheaper than that. It will be busy but you can meet lots of locals as you might be sharing a table. There is usually a local charity that receives donations from the event from patrons.

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Aspen Thanksgiving Dinner 2013

Thanks for posting this. My fiance and I are spending a quiet Thanksgiving just the two of us in Aspen and I've been wondering where to make a reservation. We're staying at the Jerome, but a $95 pp dinner would have to be really amazing for me to feel that price was justified. Going to reserve at Jimmy's right now!

Orlando
Level Contributor
375 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Aspen Thanksgiving Dinner 2013

Agreed, luna. Buffets are a total waste on me. $95 ones even more so! We are traveling with friends and will be staying at the Gant and could cook, but that would have defeated the purpose of our trip! I was excited to find a place that offered a traditional meal :)

Orlando
Level Contributor
375 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Aspen Thanksgiving Dinner 2013

Current info from for Thanksgiving 2013 from eatAspen:

eataspen.com/blog/aspen-thanksgiving-2013/