We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants

Which Aspen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
nj
Level Contributor
533 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants

Hi- we are coming in January for 3 nights and wanted a variety for dinner- I was thinking Steakhouse 316, Campo de Fiore, And Meatball Shack or J Bar

We like trendy, fun restaurants with good food- not quiet and stuffy

Are these good choices? Any other we should consider

nj
Level Contributor
533 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants

anyone?

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Crested Butte, Gunnison
Level Contributor
5,738 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants

Last time I was in Aspen I ate at Pyramid Bistro. Thought the food was fantastic and the location was not what I would consider stuffy (second floor of a bookstore).

Aspen, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,224 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants

aspensnowmass.com/en/…dining

aspenchamber.org/what-to-do/dining-nightlife/

http://www.eataspen.com/ - with reviews

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
8,186 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants

no idea if it meets your criteria for "fun" since we're in our 50s and boring :) but we ate at the Cantina the end of Sept. Was recommended to us by our son's best friend (who is 30) as really good food for reasonable prices (by Aspen standards) We loved it! It is a sports bar of sorts-- you can sit by the big screens or off to the side where it's quieter. Friend is a vegetarian, we are not-- food was really good!

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,562 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants

Justice Snow at the Wheeler fits your criteria- named by Playboy as one of the best mountain bars or something like that, exotic drinks and fun bar. They have good food at reasonable prices.

Campo is a good call.

Jimmy's (upstairs of Campo) fits your criteria for fun, not stuffy. Amazing selection of tequila. If you eat late on a Saturday you could stay for salsa dancing.

Orlando
Level Contributor
375 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants

Steak No 316 was fantastic. It's small, packed and loud, but still a great vibe and the steak was excellent.

We loved JBar and Justice Snow. We didn't eat at JBar and only had appetizers at Justice, but we had great cocktails and service at both.

Jimmy's was solid. Bartender at JBar highly recommended Rustique (country french). We didn't make it there.

Fruita, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Fruita, Grand Junction
Level Contributor
6,071 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants

And of course, don't overlook the 143 restaurants reviewed right here on TA. You can go down the left side column to filter them by price and features. tripadvisor.com/Restaurants-g29141-Aspen_Col…

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,562 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants

+1 for Justice Snow and Campo

Not a steak eater so haven't been to 316

I was not that impressed with Meatball Shack YMMV

Door County WI
Level Contributor
249 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurants

Am I too late? If so, please tell me where you ate and your thoughts. I am going in February and trying to find new places to eat. I have eaten at the following:

Brexi Brasserie- one of my favorites, but looks like it has received some bad reviews lately

Rustique – I was not impressed, but good

Pinons – We ate at the bar and enjoyed it. A lot of restaurants have a bar menu which is usually cheaper.

I am looking for the same type of restaurants and atmosphere as you.

nj
Level Contributor
533 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurants

Jimmy's , Campo, Justice Snow..most fun atmosphere I think

Get answers to your questions about Aspen