We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Local advice on grocery and wine stores

Which Aspen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bahamas
Level Contributor
45 posts
93 reviews
Save Topic
Local advice on grocery and wine stores

We'll be out for a few weeks in January. Most of our provisioning has been at the grocery up on Cooper and the wine store and gourmet market right there. I happened to stop in at the grocery down the hill on Mills (?) and thought that might be better.

Any advice for better selection and prices on most domestic staples, meats and vegetables?

Also favourite liquor/ wine store for normal everyday purchases?

Many thanks

Aspen, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,222 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Local advice on grocery and wine stores

You got it covered with those places. Got a car? Drive down valley to Basalt to Whole Foods. Spirits too. 25 minute drive.

Bahamas
Level Contributor
45 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Local advice on grocery and wine stores

Thanks, no car.

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,560 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Local advice on grocery and wine stores

How much liquor and do you know what you want?

I have had luck with wine recommendations from Grape and Grain on Hopkins and when I know what I want can go to Carl's. If you have a bigger order ($50+), you can get a delivery from http://fourdogswine.com

The City Market was recently renovated and has a better shopping experience than a few years ago. The Clarks Market down Mill St. is a little bigger than CM but it sounds like you are staying closer to CM.. Over two weeks you could try both. If you have a discount card from your local Kroger store, bring it as City Market is a Kroger.

As texranger says, to get the full monty of choices you would need to go to El Jebel, spanish for "yuppie shopping" but that would eat up a half-day of your vacation.

4. Re: Local advice on grocery and wine stores

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 November 2014, 05:18