We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Toddler-friendly Aspen?

Which Aspen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Rafael, CA
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Toddler-friendly Aspen?

Hello-

I'm going to Aspen next week to visit my sister and bringing my 19-month-old along. While my sister is well-versed in things such as local restaurants and hikes, she's not hooked into the toddler scene there. Can anyone give me a few ideas on things to keep my son occupied during the day? I'd be very appreciative. Also, if you happen to have ideas on altitude adjustment for littles ones that would be great too.

Thank you,

Bay Area Mama

Aspen, CO
Level Contributor
980 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Toddler-friendly Aspen?

I have to say outside of the winter on-mountain programs I know almost nothing about what to do with toddlers.

Try the Aspen Chamber's website page for kids and families: aspenchamber.org/Visitors-Kids-Family-Vacati… to see if that will help.

Glenwood Springs...
Level Contributor
473 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Toddler-friendly Aspen?

I think Jennifer74 gave you the best suggestion with her advice to check with the Chamber. Wagner Park has a nice play area, the rec center has an indoor pool. The rec center might also have some activities that your child could participate in. You may be able to rent bikes with a child trailer. There are a number of great places to ride where you wouldn't have to worry about traffic. The library may offer story time.

3. Re: Toddler-friendly Aspen?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2009, 12:22
Get answers to your questions about Aspen