We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which mountain best for beginner?

Which Aspen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
trendy LA
3 posts
Save Topic
Which mountain best for beginner?

I'm pretty much a beginner skier and would like to know which mountain should I go (Buttermilk, Snowmass, Aspen or Aspen Highland). Is it usually crowded during Christmas holiday? Any fun activities for the kids? Any suggestions? Thanks in advance! ;0)

Aspen, CO
Level Contributor
980 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which mountain best for beginner?

Beginner skiers should plan on taking their lessons on Buttermilk or Snowmass. There is only intermediate terrain and above on Aspen Mountain and Highlands has one green run so it's basically an inermediate and up mountain as well.

That being said, it really doesn't matter where you're staying. It's very easy to get around from mountain to mountain on the free shuttle, so even if you're staying in the town of Aspen it's simple to take lessons on Snowmass or Buttermilk.

Christmas at any resort will be more crowded than its other weeks, but Aspen/Snowmass is by far less crowded than any of the other front range area resorts. Lift lines are minimal if nonexistant so you won't feel the crowds. I would recommend, however, booking dinner reservations as early as possible as many restaurants will reach almost max capacity before your arrival.

2. Re: Which mountain best for beginner?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2009, 03:20
Get answers to your questions about Aspen