We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breathing problems- Burning lungs

Ohio
3 posts
Save Topic
Breathing problems- Burning lungs

Hi my daughter just moved to Denver a week ago and is now experiencing a cough and burning lungs. Is this normal?

Littleton, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,850 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Breathing problems- Burning lungs

Although that doesn't sound like an altitude issue - could be the dry climate and wind-blown particulates, or an allergy, or something serious - no one here can tell you what it is from a brief description. She should seek professional medical advice and not wait for responses on a travel board, I'd say!

Glenwood Springs...
Level Contributor
473 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Breathing problems- Burning lungs

I have experienced the burning lungs, but only when breathing very dry cold air. I agree with Shaken Bake, best to check with a doctor. Tis the season and "stuff" is going around already.

Ohio
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Breathing problems- Burning lungs

thank you for the replies. I wasn't waiting for medical adivice from a trip advisor forum, only wanted to know if someone who was familiar with Denver had experienced this same problem. She emailed me late last night. Thanks just the same shake and bake.

4. Re: Breathing problems- Burning lungs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2009, 00:17