We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Late looking into a hotel for the Aspen Food & Wine 2007

Which Aspen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Framingham, MA
2 posts
Save Topic
Late looking into a hotel for the Aspen Food & Wine 2007

Hi there,

I've read a bunch of the posts out there regarding hotels for the Aspen Food & Wine 2007. Unfortunately, the best hotel in Aspen appears to be the Gant and it is over $700/night right now. I'm looking more in the $300/night and under range. Would I be better off at the Inn at Aspen (out of town & $300/night) or Hotel Aspen (edge of town, cheap, but some marginal reviews) or in Snowmass? Thanks so much.

Sue

Aspen, CO
Level Contributor
980 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Late looking into a hotel for the Aspen Food & Wine 2007

The Gant is one of the best of the bunch in condominiums, but the best of the hotel category will be Hotel Jerome, St. Regis, and Little Nell...all very expensive or sold out already.

For less expensive options I would personally prefer not to stay in Snowmass at all but rather take something lower end in Aspen. I think you'll miss a big part of the action if you're not lingering in town and strolling the restaurants and nightlife into the evening.

While Inn at Aspen isn't in Snowmass, it definitely isn't in Aspen either. It's midway between the two close to nothing really. You'd have to take a shuttle, and nothing else is walkable from there like there is in Snowmass.

Hotel Aspen is definitely closer to the economy end of the scale but I'd still prefer to stay in town and it definitely qualifies as "in town." Have you checked www.stayaspensnowmass.com? They have the largest selection of inventory, and if Hotel Aspen is all that remains I'd probably take it. But make sure your expectations are in line....it's not going to be the St. Regis.

Framingham, MA
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Late looking into a hotel for the Aspen Food & Wine 2007

Thanks Jennifer--that's kinda what I was thinking...as long as you have a place to sleep, that's what matters...location is more important. I did check out that site and the Gant or places in Snowmass are the only things they're offering at this time. Thanks again and take care!

Sue

3. Re: Late looking into a hotel for the Aspen Food & Wine 2007

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2009, 14:19
Get answers to your questions about Aspen