We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question re: location of rental home

Blue Springs...
2 posts
Save Topic
Question re: location of rental home

I am looking at booking a rental home located at 412 Pine Avenue. I was looking for input as to what people think of the location. I noticed that the lot next door is/was vacant on Google Maps. I will be traveling with a group of 5 adults and 2 children ages 7 and 11. Thanks in advance.

Tampa
Destination Expert
for Anna Maria
Level Contributor
4,842 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question re: location of rental home

I think it is called Bayview Dream and yes, it is on the northern end of the island which is a great location, very tropical and quite. It also has a pool which is very nice to have. The only thing I would point out is that it is Bay front which is a lot different than guf front. You wont have the sandy white beach with the waves and the shells. You didnt say what time of year you are going but if it is in the summer you could have some issues with no see-ums and mositoques and they bite. Make sure you pack bug spray. The plus is that you are a skip away from Bean Pointe which is a beautiful beach location. You are also close to City Pier and Rod & Reel Pier, both are great choices for food and drink.

Mentioned in this post
Anna Maria City Pier
Anna Maria City Pier
359 Reviews
Anna Maria Island, FL
Blue Springs...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Question re: location of rental home

Thanks. I was interested in the location because it looks close in proximity to both the bay and the gulf. I live in the midwest and unfortunately the bugs are horrible here in the summer also-so I'm used to them.

Cummington, MA
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question re: location of rental home

On the bayside you do not have a big expanse of beach, some feel that is a con. We always stay Bay side because we like the immediate presence of the water and the shore birds feet from the house as well as the view of the Sunshine Skyway Bridge, which is gorgeous. I think that is a wonderful location, with great proximity to the gulf also.

Mentioned in this post
Sunshine Skyway Bridge
Sunshine Skyway Bridge
3,180 Reviews
Tampa, FL
cleveland
Level Contributor
912 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Question re: location of rental home

Hi,

We've visited Anna Maria seven times in three years now, spending at least a week on each trip (think we like it?).

We first rented Shumard cottage on Tarpon just off Pine (not far from where you're considering). It was fantastic, but it doesn't have a heated pool...so when we traveled in November last year, we looked elsewhere. Found a place on Gladiolus near Alamanda. Loved it and the location more (nearer to Bean Point and to Rod and Reel, where we spend most of our time).That place sold and is no longer a rental. Last month, we rented a canal home on Iris. Maybe best rental yet.

I guess my point is this -- any place on the North End is great. You can hone your selection on your second trip (and I"m almost certain you'll have one because this is a charming little place.) One caution -- Pine is the busiest street on the North End. If that bothers you with the kids, you may want to look for a side street. But Island busy surely isn't city busy. It's just busier than sidestreet. Speed limit is still a crawl and almost all obey it. And Pine does put you closer to convenient store, shops and bike rentals.

Mentioned in this post
Bean Point
Bean Point
726 Reviews
Anna Maria Island, FL
5. Re: Question re: location of rental home

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 January 2013, 10:21
Get answers to your questions about Anna Maria