We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone flown into Tampa on Spirit airlines?

Arlington, TX
Destination Expert
for Fort Worth
Level Contributor
2,488 posts
571 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone flown into Tampa on Spirit airlines?

We fly out of Dallas and usually fly American Airlines but Spirit has some much better prices so I was wondering if anyone has used them and if so, any feedback?

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
123 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone flown into Tampa on Spirit airlines?

My wife and I used Spirit to fly from Atlantic City to Orlando and we were very pleased. The flights were direct, non-stop. The aircraft was modern and clean. Staff was helpful and courteous. Flights were on time and no delays.

We would fly them more if Atlantic City were closer than Phila airport. I would definitely recommend flying with them. Be sure to check their luggage policy though...check in and carry on. I think they recently changed their policy to charge for carry on as well.

Arlington, TX
Destination Expert
for Fort Worth
Level Contributor
2,488 posts
571 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone flown into Tampa on Spirit airlines?

Thanks!!

Arlington, TX
Destination Expert
for Fort Worth
Level Contributor
2,488 posts
571 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone flown into Tampa on Spirit airlines?

they do indeed charge for your carry on now-if you pay ahead it's cheaper than paying at check in. it's a couple of bucks cheaper to check than carry on-guess they had too many carry ons! Even with paying for baggage it's a much better price than with American!

Cork
Level Contributor
629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone flown into Tampa on Spirit airlines?

I have also looked at flying with them from Orlando. It would work out cheaper to check one bag in then 2 carry ons...

5. Re: Anyone flown into Tampa on Spirit airlines?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 February 2014, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Anna Maria