We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cashless Toll On Sunshine Skyway Bridge?

Green Bay, Wisconsin
3 posts
Save Topic
Cashless Toll On Sunshine Skyway Bridge?

We are headed to Anna Maria Island the first week in October; flying into Tampa and getting a rental car. Has the Sunshine Skyway Bridge gone to cashless tolls? Not sure if I need to pay the rental car agency to have this included or not. Daily fee for that is approx $7/day.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,378 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Cashless Toll On Sunshine Skyway Bridge?

the Sunshine Skyway STILL accepts cash.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
189 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Cashless Toll On Sunshine Skyway Bridge?

Still cash! Just crossed it about 10 times. Cost is $1.25.

Chester UK
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
33. Re: Cashless Toll On Sunshine Skyway Bridge?

Hi Everyone

Just got back from our usual amazing break in AMI June/July, Just a little heads up, Thrifty Rentals told us the Skyline bridge was now a cashless toll and we needed to add $64 to our bill (even though we told them we only cross it twice), we declined after I remembered dipping into this post (thanks Forum Members :) paid the usual $1.25 cash, we are back on the Island in December so will keep an eye on this Thread.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
46,622 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Cashless Toll On Sunshine Skyway Bridge?

Contact Thrifty by their facebook/twitter page and let them know about the bald faced lie you were told. It will not only get their notice (and maybe something for you) but more importantly others will see it and take notice.

Quite frankly, it should be an offence.

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
14 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: Cashless Toll On Sunshine Skyway Bridge?

How will I know if this toll bridge becomes a cashless location?

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,378 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: Cashless Toll On Sunshine Skyway Bridge?

there will be chatter here about it on TA and there will be information on sunpass.com

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
5,427 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
37. Re: Cashless Toll On Sunshine Skyway Bridge?

You could still pay cash yesterday. It will be in the papers, and I will report here if it goes cashless.

38. Re: Cashless Toll On Sunshine Skyway Bridge?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Anna Maria