We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sailing excursions

oshkosh
Level Contributor
114 posts
Save Topic
sailing excursions

I'm trying to find some sailing excursions but have only found two, the Kathleen D. and Seaduced. Are there any others in the area that go out for a three or four hour sail, rather than just two hours? Also wondering about finding some funky oceanfront bar/restaurants that may have live music.

MN
Level Contributor
75 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: sailing excursions

I am only making my first trip to AMI in May, so I have no personal experience with this, but I've read excellent reviews of Captain Octavio at Anna Maria Sailing...hubby & I are planning to sail with him while we're there! Affordable, knowledgeable, furnishes drinks on board...

I'm also wondering about the new AMI water shuttle excursion to Egmont Key...also affordable & looks fun.

I will wait for expert advice on these, however :)

Mentioned in this post
MN
Level Contributor
75 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: sailing excursions

Firefly, when are you going to AMI? I just realized that we're neighbors, lol! We are in central Minnesota....

Edited: 05 March 2013, 15:24
MN
Level Contributor
75 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: sailing excursions

Also, we are staying in the Enchanted Cottage on Spring Ave, that you asked about a few years ago.

oshkosh
Level Contributor
114 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: sailing excursions

Can you give me more information about the water shuttle excursion to Egmont Key? The only one I've seen is out of Treasure Island area up north. It's a ferry that goes over there. Would love to know about a way that is closer to Anna Maria Island.

Mentioned in this post
oshkosh
Level Contributor
114 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: sailing excursions

I'm on the island now. It's cold but should be warming up within a few days. Are you on the island now as well?

oshkosh
Level Contributor
114 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: sailing excursions

Do you like the Enchanted Cottage rental? How many bedrooms/baths? Are you booking it again for next year? I"m looking for a new place to rent next year.

MN
Level Contributor
75 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: sailing excursions

www.amishuttleservice.com/shuttle_service (right side of page)

http://www.annamariasailing.com/home.html

MN
Level Contributor
75 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: sailing excursions

Actually, we won't be there until May 2....and this is our first trip to AMI, but I just know we will fall in love & be back every year!

The cottage is 2 bd/1 ba. But the 2nd bd only has 1 twin bed I think, then there's a sofa sleeper, too. Hope you're having a fantastic time! Please let me know if you do any of the excursions & your thoughts on them!

9. Re: sailing excursions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 March 2014, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about Anna Maria