We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whole Foods in Tampa

cleveland
Level Contributor
912 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Whole Foods in Tampa

Hi,

I posted this in Tampa forum, too...but I trust my AMI forum folks, so I'm posting it here, too. Since our last trip to AMI this spring, we have gone vegan. I want to stop at a Whole Foods (or other grocery with freshly prepared vegan offerings) on the way to the island before stopping at Publix. Does anyone know which Whole Foods is better in Tampa. And then, could you recommend some hotels near that Whole Foods?

We plan to arrive in Tampa exhausted after a long drive...and then hit Whole Foods the next morning, before hitting Publix and settling into AMI. I really don't want to head to Tampa or Sarasota Whole Foods after we're already on the island.

Thanks for your help.

cleveland
Level Contributor
912 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Whole Foods in Tampa

We've visited the Sarasota Whole Foods...very nice and exceptionally busy. The drive is lovely...as is the Circle...but truth is, we like to stay put on the island for the time we're there. That may not be everyone's style, I know, but it suits us. We bike it. We hike it. We slow way, way, down....

That said. During one of our stays, we'd like to spend a couple of days in Sarasota, because we've only tasted bits of it and we were happily surprised by what we found.

Anna Maria Island
Level Contributor
229 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Whole Foods in Tampa

Hi!

I believe the fresh market on the Island carries a few Vegan items!

BeachBumsAMI

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
6,995 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Whole Foods in Tampa

You might want to hit Sarasota on a Sat morning for the great Farmers Market at Main and Lemon

cleveland
Level Contributor
912 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Whole Foods in Tampa

Thanks! THat's good to know. We tried the Bradenton farmer's market a couple of years ago and we we not impressed...it could have been the day we went or the time of year..or maybe it was new. It's nice to know Sarasota has something going on. During a couple of our stays, there was also a man selling organic produce on Pine. I don't know what happened to him. We're bringing our juicer with us, though, and I go through tons of produce. I don't buy two tomatoes...I buy 15, etc...

15. Re: Whole Foods in Tampa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Anna Maria